We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

M H
Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
151 posts
527 reviews
Save Topic
Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

Hi Everyone. I'm getting ready to pack for our first trip to Turks and am wondering what type of sandals to take. Flip flop, thong type sandals aren't comfortable for me, unless I'm just going from room to the pool. I'm wondering if I should just take my Teva's for walking on the beach. Also, is it too hot to go barefoot on the beach? And, other than going barefoot and other than thong type sandals, what do ladies like to wear on the beach and out on the town?

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,816 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

No sandals are necessary on the beach, the sand doesn't get too hot until July/August. I am always amazed at those who wear their flip flops on the beach and the sand is flipping up their legs onto their back. Funny! Most will wear flip flops to the boardwalk/steps and leave them lined up, or tuck them into your tote.

How about a pair of espadrilles (cotton/cloth) with straw sole for night time. They are very comfortable and cute.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

Barefoot is fine on the sand, leave flip flops at the edge of the beach (sometimes racks are provided) and often you can leave with a better pair than you arrived with! (only joking!)

anything is fine for town, whatever is best for you. there are a few of us who "live" in barefeet, everywhere! we used to go straight from the beach, to the bar, the drive to IGA, then the bank all "foot naked" !!

although many places now request you wear shoes (shame) its still very relaxed so dont sweat it about type of footwear.

Edited: 08 March 2013, 15:09
Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

booklover,

For the beach/pool, bring what ever you usually wear.

Flip flops and casual cover up for the pool/beach, and going out at night shorts and nice tops, nothing fancy, although there is no law against it. Pretty much the island is casual. I'v seen ladies in sundresses and cork heels, I'v also seen ladies in flats, and flip flops. Anything goes.

I wear my teva's when I am horseback riding and or hiking, although there really isn't much hiking on Provo.

Pryor, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
517 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

Now I'm going to have to google Neva's! They are mentioned twice in one thread and I don't know what they are. I can't have that.

M H
Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
151 posts
527 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

Thanks everyone! It sounds like light sandals or nothing is best. I'm glad to hear I won't have to deal with hot sand. Yea!

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
5,462 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

Randi,

Tevas. They are water shoes. Not a glove like some people wear. Its a sandal water shoe with a closed toe.

Ronkonkoma, New York
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
1,601 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

My 3 pairs of Tevas are flip flops! 2 are casual and 1 is formal.

Edited: 08 March 2013, 21:35
Pryor, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
517 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

Ha! I googled neva by mistake and they actually have them. I didnt like them..lol

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

My Tevas are flip flops too, and excellent for climbing on rocks and stuff. Those other ones belong with the Crocs...

10. Re: Footwear for Beach and out on Town?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 March 2014, 05:17