We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pelican Vista

Salem, Massachusetts
2 posts
Save Topic
Pelican Vista

I am interested in planning a stay at Pelican Vista. Can someone who has stayed there within the past year provide info about their visit.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,684 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pelican Vista

I've never viewed on the inside, but it's down the street from my villa.

Looks stunning gorgeous from the outside, immaculately maintained.

I would stay there in a heartbeat!

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pelican Vista

It was built by a friend of mine, and IS gorgeuos inside. Finished to a high spec and only a minute to the beach.

The ocean view has been somewhat "reduced" by a new large house going up in front of it, and the only "slight" drawback is the pool is "roadside" - built to face the ocean, it is surrounded by a wall but to many of us it looks a little odd! maybe not an issue staying there though??

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pelican Vista

feel free to PM me your email, and I'd happlily drive past and take some recent pictures to send you.

Massillon, Ohio
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pelican Vista

We stayed there with 3 other couples this past February. Beautiful house inside and out, and would stay there again in a heartbeat. Great for 4 couples or families with older children ( If you look at the photos those spiral stairs would give me a heart attack with toddlers).

It's VERY well maintained, the kitchen is huge. We used the grill at the pool bar almost every day.

It's just a short walk out the front gate to the beach, although there has been beach erosion so you need to either go to your left or right if you want to sit on the beach, especially at high tide.

Let me know if you have any other questions! PM me if you'd like!

Portage, MI
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pelican Vista

I'm also interested in this villa. It looks awesome to me! Loving the pool with tiki bar and swimup seats. My question is why aren't there any reviews on VRBO since 2011?? That part kinda scares me.

Texas
Level Contributor
53 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pelican Vista

We stayed there last year with another couple. The place is Awesome. Bottom line is if you don’t like this place then there is something wrong with you. We have been all over the Caribbean and stayed at many homes and resorts. The place is nice like a 5* AI resort but it’s your own private place. The pool does face the road but there is so much landscape you cant even see the road. NO WORRIES with this place!

Massillon, Ohio
Level Contributor
71 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pelican Vista

I had the same concern with no reviews, but we LOVED the place!

Like I posted before, you are going to have to rent a car and drive everywhere, but it's not like the island is that big. It was our first time there, so we had planned on exploring the different beaches and driving was kind of fun. Everyone in our van would yell ROUND A BOUT! to my husband before we got to one. Not sure he was too amused after the third day. LOL

We did walk a few times on the beach down to Ocean Club East and Flamingo's for drinks and lunch.

Portage, MI
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pelican Vista

Does anyone have any pictures that stayed here or a more recent review?

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
24 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pelican Vista

Hi Amyrak1,

We stayed at the Pelican Vista the week of July 14-21 2013. I'm pretty sure I wrote a review on homeaway.com. I'm not sure what your plans are, but the house was great for 4 couples and would work well for a group or family vacation. The beds can be made as kings or doubles. Originally I had the same concern as you about not having any recent reviews or pictures. I guess that's why I still have the notification alert on this forum. I didn't post any pictures because everything is exactly as pictured. There are 4 bedrooms. The two bedrooms on the lower level have access from inside the home as well as a door that opens to the pool area. The other two rooms are up the spiral staircase and out the door which brings you to an amazing view from the balcony area which is exactly as pictured with a sitting area. Basia was very nice to work with prior to our trip and answered any questions we had along the way. I suggest a rental car for getting around the island and grocery store runs We ended up getting a 8 passenger van . Myrtho met us at the airport and waited for us to pick up our van and then showed us the way to the house. He walked us around and showed us how to operate the alarm system, gas grill, surround sound and we were off and running. Outside the backyard gate is the path to the beach. I'd say it was about 50 yards if that to get to the sand. You can see the path I'm referring to in the picture that looks down on the pool. There were times were we were the only ones at this particular beach. When we weren't finding our way around the island. We would spend our time on the beach and then back to the backyard pool to grill and hangout. One thing that just dawned on me from looking at the pictures is there is more privacy in the backyard than the picture appears to show. The plants and trees and all have grown pretty tall which added a very nice touch. All in all the house was perfect for us and we would go back in a heartbeat. Too bad my friends want to go to St. Lucia for our trip this year :-) If you have any questions regarding anything I'd be more than happy to answer if I can, but Basia won't steer you wrong.

West Bend, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1 post
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pelican Vista

We stayed in this villa last week. It is as beautiful as the pictures. It was immaculate when we arrived and is very well-maintained both inside and out. There were 8 of us- 4 middle age parents and 4 young adult 'children'. It was perfect for us. It is indoor/outdoor living at it's best. Every room has doors you can open to let in the island breezes. We were a bit worried about insects, but saw almost none. We used almost every inch of the villa including the crow's nest (beautiful views), and tiki hut bar (great for hanging out at night). We never ate at the beautiful dining room table because the weather was perfect every day and who wants to eat inside when you are on a beautiful tropical island. The beach is steps away from the back gate and it is beautiful and serene. There are very few people on this end of the beach because there are no resorts nearby.