We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

Pittsburgh
13 posts
Save Topic
Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

Why does everyone complain about the beach chairs at the pool and beach? I have been going to all inclusives resorts for sometime now and never had a problem. Let the people get up at 6am and save the chairs. Cause, I personally thank them for reserving a spot for me. You are entitled to that chair just as equal as they are. But make sure they arent using the chair first. I only had one alltercation and it was resolved pretty quickly... Long story short, I kept the chair and they went looking. Be smart people, if you clearly know they arent in the chair its yours for the taking. I will be there May 22nd, so thank you to all of those early risers in advanced...

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

When I think of an island paradise, fighting over beach chairs is the first thing that comes to mind. Plus, I want to be packed in like a sardine. Plus I want gasoline fumes. Ahhh, Beaches!

Vallejo, California
Level Contributor
208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

what do you mean, you kept the chair ?

I'm not the youngest any longer and need a chair. Plus I want to read a bit.

What do you do, when you use the chair and want to go to your room, coming back and your chair is gone ?

I don't get it. I'm an early riser. I guess that helps but then knowing what to do.

Please, h e l p ! ! ! Thanks ! I'm leaving in a few days.

Pittsburgh
13 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

People go down to the beach/pool area around 6 am and put beach towels on the lounge chairs. They will then go back to there rooms and come down whenever they feel like it. Eventually a lot of people get up at the crack of dawn and start doing the same thing. So when it time for everyone to go to the beach, all the chairs are covered with towels. Everyone thinks just because they put a towel on the chair is theres for the day. Well thats not the case in my book. If I can clearly tell that no one is around and using that lounge chair, I will most certainly use it. So when it comes around to that person returning to the chair that they put a towel on at 6am, they feel they have the rights to it. I say thats a bunch of bull... If your not using it then dont save it.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,970 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

camryn you are staying at Windsong, right? You won't have to worry about getting a chair there. He was talking about staying at Beaches Resort.

Somerset, NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

Glad I don't stay at Beaches! Wouldn't want to deal with all that!

Vallejo, California
Level Contributor
208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

O.K. but what's the reason ? They've more chairs ? I know, there are 50 Units and they've 50 plus beach chairs ? I read it could get busy there because it's close to the Coral Gardens. Who would know that you don't stay at the Windsong and then make yourself comfortable on their chairs. I would never confront someone.

Sorry, so many questions. I'm glad that I've so much help here. Thank you ! ! !

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

Camryn, Windsong has a beach attendant that will set you up. He can also provide beach service on the beach. You will have absolutely no problems.

Beaches Resort is huge and an all inclusive. It's the only resort on Provo that has "chair issues". It's the nature of AI business, you have 1000 people fighting for the same beachfront.

Windsong is upscale, quiet, and has great service, no issues for you!

New York
Level Contributor
1,586 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

To me being smart is staying in a place that I do not have to deal with that or think about it. I made that mistake once before when I stayed on Palm beach in Aruba. Boy was that settling! ughhh

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
977 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

Never had to deal with that at Beaches or any other AI...I'll consider myself lucky ;)

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,307 posts
627 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Beach chairs at Beaches Turks and Caicos...

We haven't either issues and we usually dive in the AM and don't get to the beach until early afternoon.

The Italian Village definitely is congested and have seen a few poolside chairs/cabanas that are prepped by the butlers but the groups don't use them.