We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Topic
Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

Hello,

We're planning our summer vacation for a family of four with a 3 year old and a 14 year old. We've narrowed our search to these two resorts but I can't decide between the two. Negril is almost 2K cheaper than Turks. Is Turks worth the extra money?

Things that are important to us are

- good kids program for the 3 year old

- lots of activities to keep the 14 year old and daddy happy

- nice beach with calm water to keep mommy happy

- good shallow pool for 3 year who is afraid of water

Most important is good food. i'm vegan which is going to make eating a challenge at either resort. My husband (not vegan) had bad experience in the dominican with the same cold food being served every day in the dominican for lunch and breakfast so warm food and variety is important for him.

Also, we're going in July is one island better than the other for weather?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
977 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

We have been to Beaches T&C twice and will be back in May for our third trip...we love it! We have been to many islands but have found this to be the best. We have been to Negril but not to the Beaches resort. I will say we have thought about going to Beaches Negril because it is a little cheaper but I don't like the thought of a 90 minute bus ride to the resort after flying in with my toddler. There are plenty of activities for both of your kids and plenty of shallow areas in the pools. The water park has a pirate ship with 5 or 6 slides just fr the little ones plus 4 bigger slides for older kids. There is also a fun splash pad and kids swim up bar! Grace abay is very calm unless there is a storm, the water is crystal clear and the sand is like powder. My husband and I joke that we messed up coming to Beaches T&C first because it has spoiled us and the other resorts just don't seem as nice! We don't usually return to the same resort but this is the best all inclusive we have been to and completely caters to family!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,571 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

TCI is worth the money

Like above, I've stayed at Beaches TC, and been to Negril (not Beaches there)

And as a destination, TCI is far superior, and yes worth the money

(worth saying twice ;-)

Castleford, United...
Level Contributor
931 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

I haven't been to BTC yet. We go at the end of July. However, we have been to BN twice (son was 2 and 3 years old during the stays.). We loved it and I think BN has Ll you asked for except the shallow pool. They don't have that.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,361 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

The answer to your question is Beaches Turks by default. Last August I took my 3 young daughters to Beaches for a few hours on three different days to tour the resort grounds and play in the water park. I have not been to the other Beaches Resort. So this may sound jaded. There is a Beaches Train on wheels that goes around the resort. My daughters were 5(twins) & 13. ). Your little one will love it. One thing your 2 children will both love is to go to Ricky D's and sit on stools in the water and consume ice cream with a beautiful waterfall just several feet from you. DR. JIM

Edited: 05 April 2013, 23:43
Milford...
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

Been to both BN (as well as stayed at few other properties in Negril) and BTC is definitely the better/larger property as well as a better beach (although Negril's beach is much, much wider). The water park is also larger with more slides. BTC does not have the vendors that may bother you like you may have on 7 mile beach in Negril.

As for vegan, you can contact the Food & Beverage manager as they do work with various food restrictions. (we were not impressed by the food in the DR either). As for variety, there are several places open for each meal, so should not be a problem finding what hubby needs (omelette stations at Reflections and Mario's, believe Giuseppes does but cannot remember). At lunch, Mario's does made to order entrees along with some buffet items as well as Barefoot, Arizona's, Cricketer's and the pizza places.

enjoy!

Edited: 06 April 2013, 00:57
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

Thanks for all the help and advice. We decided to go to Negril with a promise from hubby that we would go to Turks another time :)

NH
Level Contributor
58 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

We've been to both and are returning to Beaches Turks & Caicos for our 4th visit. That being said, we did like Beaches Negril but spoiled ourselves by going to Beaches T&C first. One of the biggest negatives to BN was the vendors on the beach, but we learned after the first day to sit farther back on the beach - problem solved. They also do not have a cafe, which we missed - I am not a coffee drinker but like the T&C one for their pastries and such. The 90 minute bus ride goes by quickly and is certainly an improvement over the 3 hour bus ride we took to Negril 23 years ago.

Milford...
Level Contributor
4,312 posts
648 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

kerr987, the $2K difference is significant.

If you want to get better pricing for BTC, I would book a trip to BTC while at BN. You get a spa credit for booking while still on resort. I am not sure but I think either June or July is when pricing for 2015 comes out.. Booking as far out as possible also gives you the best pricing for your time frame. If the price drops outside of the 45 day window of arrival, then you can rebook for the lower price.

Edited: 09 April 2013, 16:48
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
24 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

Threeboyz - not having those pastries might actually be a good thing with my huge sweet tooth lol. I'm actually worried about the vendors because they could get very annoying after a few days and we usually stay close to the water to be close to the boys who are always in the water.

Nikko, that is a great tip. thank you! Now I just hope the all family members love the trip and the resort or else they won't want to go to BTC next time. My husband hates all inclusives and I keep trying to change his mind and I'm hoping that Beaches will do the trick.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Beaches Turks or Beaches Negril?

I haven't done an all-inclusive in Provo, but I would think that it is so much better experienced in a non-AI setting. So many great restaurants at numerous price points, so many great, quiet, luxurious accommodation options, really safe and easy to get around.

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales