We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Please answer a few questions regarding The Alex!

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Please answer a few questions regarding The Alex!

We are looking at renting from owner at The Alexandra in the beachfront Chelsea building. My question is it is on the second floor, (very close to the Mango Reef restaurant), do you think the smell of grease, etc. would be bad? I read a review that said they smelled the restaurant on their balcony. Also, I can't seem to find any rental by owner for the Sands...do they exist? I'm wondering f we should switch to the Sands?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,751 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Please answer a few questions regarding The Alex!

Hi - we stayed in unit 1204 in the Chelsea building last year and we'll be there again this year as well in that same unit. We spent a lot of time on our balcony at night and never once did I smell the food from Mango Reef. You will hear music at night, however, and if it's a wedding party over the weekend it may go late (like midnight/1:00 am) but only until 9 or 10 pm during the week. It wasn't an issue for us at all - actually enjoyed hearing the music while we relaxed on the balcony, listening to the waves at night.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
28 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Please answer a few questions regarding The Alex!

Thanks very much! We love music, so we would not be bothered by hearing it on the balcony at all! The recent review stated that they had to be moved because of the smell...that would bother me!

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
612 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Please answer a few questions regarding The Alex!

The only smell we had was from the room itself,smelled really bad like cat pee or something....

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,892 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Please answer a few questions regarding The Alex!

The Sands owners' are not allowed to rent privately, like on VRBO.

5. Re: Please answer a few questions regarding The Alex!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2014, 06:19