We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Surfing

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Providenciales
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Surfing

Is there anywhere in TCI that the waves are big enough to surf on?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Surfing

I did see some rolling waves down in the Leeward / Pelican beach area when I was out on a boat. They looked pretty good for surfing, but i guess the conditions have to be right. They aren't always like that, and not sure how long of a ride you would get. I did e-mail a surf camp down there. Surfside Ocean Academy.. Mostly paddle boarding surf, and she said maybe in the future they may have something set up.

Google Wake Surfing..Turks and Caicos....I think Big Blue does this it looks pretty intersting if you are an experienced surfer.

Edited: 05 May 2013, 21:53
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,168 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Surfing

If the winds come from the north, then there's a small chance.

Wind guru.com shows best bets, with a star system. They have to be 3 stars and from the north (3 stars and other directions forget it)

I'd say 85% of the time no, so you have a 15% chance

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Surfing

Not really from shore though if there are waves. We have a protective barrier reef out front that stops most waves. There are a few locals that swim out (at least a mile) to surf out there but no one will take you out there to surf.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
105 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Surfing

Good enough...thank you. I was just curious.

Gloucester...
Level Contributor
340 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Surfing

Take some kiteboarding lessons from Mike and Terri at www.kiteprovo.com.

6. Re: Surfing

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 05:16