We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Global Entry

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
maryland
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Global Entry

I know some people on here have global entry. How is it working out? Last time I looked on line the closest place to apply was DC. Just went on line, and for those of you from around here, it looks like they have one at BWI now.

Pittsburgh PA
Level Contributor
241 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Global Entry

Hubby and I got Global Entry in March. It took $100 ish each and fill out paperwork, set the meeting at the airport took 6 weeks to get, we choose Detroit since we were going there for a weekend, the meeting took 15 mins each separately, took our photo. We currently have Chariman and Gold status on USAirways and see the benefits of perferred line at airports...yesterday was the first time using GE coming home from Provo via Charlotte, very fast and easy especially when 4 flights from Caribbean/Mexico came in at almost the same time and the passport line was VERY long. We got our info from USAirways.com as to what airports offer meetings and which ones offer GE at first point of entry that we would usually use...

maryland
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Global Entry

elf, thanks. I was wondering if when you call for an appointment you can get four in a row? It took 6 weeks to just get the appointment?

ohio
Level Contributor
252 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Global Entry

Just got ours on Friday from Detroit airport. First have to fill out form on GE then wait to get response( maybe 2 weeks) then have to set up interview depending on closest place(you can find theses under GE). Our interview was 20 minutes for wife and I (took us both in) took pictures and fingerprints then showed us how to work kiosk and was told we can now use GE right away. First time will be forTCI in Newark coming home in July. Also some airports have fast check were you may bypass taking shoes off and leaving laptop in case.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,577 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Global Entry

rockOhio, thanks.

Mullica Hill, NJ
Level Contributor
1,244 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Global Entry

LOVE Global Entry! It's such a breeze going through customs with it. The only draw back is dealing with how bad your picture looks from the kiosk. Just don't look at it, whatever you do. Yikes.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Global Entry

Just curious...any Canadians..how would this benefit us entering and leaving TCI. Would love to hear your thoughts!

Boston
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Global Entry

Global Entry's $100 is good for 5 years and so worth it. You also get PreCheck privilege to those security fast lane. Just came back from LAX and skipped the 70 yard long AA checkin line that looped around inside the terminal...whewww!!! Just came back from Tokyo to Boston and was outside for pickup in 10 minutes!!!

If you live near the Canadian border, get NEXUS; and then you get GE for $50 only.

Edited: 13 May 2013, 04:33
Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Global Entry

Is GE applied in TCI.......can you skip the huge lineups?

Providenciales
Level Contributor
401 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Global Entry

Hi all,

I also have GE....it IS speedy. Chances are you will have the kiosk to yourself. As far as I know, it ONLY works coming into the US. As for the pre-check, it is ONLY good for domestic travel. If ANY part of your itinerary is international, you will need to use the "normal" line. IOW, I flew from PLS>CLT and then CLT>PVD and tried the TT ("trusted traveler") line for the second leg. The TSA guy said they are working on including international itineraries, but so far....no go.

Still, it is the best $100 spent...that is until everyone has it and then the lines will be just as long!

10. Re: Global Entry

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 May 2014, 06:18