We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
61 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

We are planning a family vacation next April - 3 adult couples - are trying to decide on where to stay on Grace Bay. I have done alot of research on price and amenities and have narrowed it down to either the Villa Renaissance or the Regent Grand. Any advice of where to stay from anyone who has been to both or either? Or other suggestions. Thanks so much.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
15,114 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

They are right next to each other and both are same company, they are sister properties.

Both are gorgeous, can't go wrong!

Both have gorgeous pools, I do feel Grand is really stunning

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

I really enjoyed the Villa Renaissance and like the Regent Grand a lot as well. Both have fantastic locations for dining and shopping. The Regent Grand has a nicer pool but the Villa Renaissance is smaller and quieter. You'll likely get more room for your money at the Villa Renaissance.

We went through VRBO at the VR and got a great penthouse.

Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

Thank you both for your quick replies. Both very helpful and put my mind at ease with respect to the two properties. Sounds like either one would be a good. Now it is questions of which unit and how much.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

Are you looking for one condo for the three couples or everyone having a separate unit?

Edited: 23 May 2013, 03:18
Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,994 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

Both of these properties are very special in their own right in a self catering property.

Villa Renaissance is smaller and the first of these properties.

Then came Regent Grand...larger and newer. Gorgeous courtside mosaic pool.

Like both of them very much and have been inside many suites at both....either would be great.

Mike

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

We have not stayed at VR but checked it out and it is very nice..We did stay at the Grand Calabash (vrbo) at Regent Grand and it was out of this world beautiful..The pool at RG is the nicest that we have ever seen..If money is not the object, I would go with the Regent Grand.

Florida
Level Contributor
15 posts
61 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

We would like to have one unit that has three bedrooms. Right through VRBO the Regent Grand is offering the Grand Caribe Suite and the Turquoise Suite. At Villa Renaissance, there are a few units, 201 and 301 being shown. Hard to choose. I will check out the Grand Calabash too at the Regent Grand.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,778 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

If I was to stay at one. I would select Regent Grand. You must have a nice family of 6 adults to share a suite. I suggest you rent a window van to see/explore the Island and experience the plethora of restaurants to dine. Enjoy your family vacation. DR. JIM

Long Island
Level Contributor
216 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

We are at Villa Renaissance as I type this post, sitting here on our patio overlooking the beautiful sea.

It is a wonderful place to stay. We love the well kept grounds, friendly staff, location, beautiful pool and beach and of course the peaceful atmosphere. We have a 2 bedroom unit through VRBO that is on the ground level, oceanfront. Love being able to walk off the patio to the beach or pool. I highly recommend this property.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,785 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Renaissance or Regent Grand

Stayed at VR twice, but wouldn't hesitate to stay at the RG. Both are elegant and quiet resorts, within short walking distance to lots of restaurants and shopping.