We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

somewhere

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
somewhere

Thanks to Tropical Storm Andrea, our trip has been delayed until tomorrow. We are spending the day emailing the Beach House, Majestic, and Mango Reef about the change in our itinerary. We're trying to keep positive though...plenty of time to repack the suitcase!!! (I should have listened to Dr. Jim!) However, we are rethinking some of our dinner plans. We were wondering, do you need reservations for Somewhere or can you walk in for dinner at sunset? We don't mind waiting if we can relax, enjoy a drink, the sunset and each other. Your thoughts...

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: somewhere

just walk in and enjoy!

take some OFF, bugs sometimes an issue

boston, ma
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: somewhere

Thanks! Looking forward to it all...even the bugs!

Carlsbad, California
Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: somewhere

nan - sorry to hear about your delay. It has been just fabulous weather here - had no clue about the storm - guess that means I am on island time.......

we have been to somewhere several times - not crowded, and we are a party of 8. I sort of feel like there is no one here, compared to all of the other places I have visited. We have eaten out a few nights, and have cooked in the condo as well. Thought about Mango for tonight.

Bugs have been manageable - just a little nibble here and there - we purchased "bug bands" from REI, and they do the trick. We put them on our ankles and leave them on for the week.

Safe travels -

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: somewhere

good call on the bug bands - they are getting very popular here.

also try the "stickies" - similar thing, about the size of a quarter, stick to bed etc for mosi repellent!

Northof Boston
Level Contributor
511 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: somewhere

What a bummer! Did your flight get cancelled? I am in Boston, and it's just a rainy day.

boston, ma
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: somewhere

A plane out of Boston headed to FL was struck by lightning. It ended up circling JFK and dumped fuel and finally landed in Newark. I asked when I finally got through to a person at Jet Blue and mentioned what the news had reported. She would not confirm, but indicated there were some safety issues. It's all good though...I repacked, took out a good chunk of clothes and rearranged some dinner plans. The weather looks clear for travel tomorrow. 24 hours...beautiful TCI!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,515 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: somewhere

I smell(actually diagnosing) huge $$$ airline credit vouchers, a couple of free R/T's tickets to Vegas would be on my health plan to make me feel better(DR. Orders) and a Hell of a lot of inconvenience perks and compensation. I am getting giddy thoughts right now. DR. JIM

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: somewhere

Snow on Provo today - sorry! Brrrrrrrr

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: somewhere

Sorry. what I meant was its a chilly 26' today and I thought it may snow.... BBrrrrrrrrrr

:) :) :)

Boston
Level Contributor
3,062 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: somewhere

Lightning, like hurricane, is an act of nature. I doubt any compensation is coming.