We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

I have posted here before about finding a budget hotel and I appreciated all the responses. I've decided to look again to see what is out there with an open mind of maybe expanding the budget a bit. By flying out of Buffalo rather than Toronto, the flights are quite a bit less. It's not direct but 1 stop isn't bad. Anyway, I used Expedia to see what could be found. There are 4 adults and our 1 year old in our party.

Nov 19-26 @ The Sands for 1 bedroom.

$1,975 per couple for a total of with a Garden View

$2,300 per couple with an Ocean View

Is the ocean view at The Sands worth that upgrade? This is all in after taxes and everything.

Also found a 1 bedroom rental on VRBO at Coral Gardens for $1836 all in.

Obviously one party would have to be on the sofa bed but I don't think we'd care too much with a Grace Bay view. :) I feel like if we're going to the best beach in the world, it's worth it to pay some extra for a view. Thoughts on these deals?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

Front on the beach Oceanview is what I firmly believe in here on this forum. You plan and come here to enjoy the beauty of Grace Bay water, sand and Island. I have coming here since the 1970's and still love than feeling of immersing yourself of being in paradise. So Oceanfront view is best. If the room number of that Coral Gardens unit starts with 4 then you are are on the left side of the resort with the view of the abandoned building property to your side. However if it starts with a 1 or 2 then you are on the right side of the resort with the best view. And if you happen to be in one of the top(3rd floor) units , you will have one of the closest balconies to the beach with that searing memory Grace Bay view. YES, Oceanview is worth it no matter where you stay on Provo. DR. JIM

maryland
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

Are you saying the one bed ocean view at the sands is $2300 per couple for a total of $4600?

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

My vote would be the Sands. We like their location w. no resort immediately on either side, the "island /Carribean vibe", Hemingway's, and the balconies are screened in, which helps w. the 1-year old. As to ocean view/vs garden view, last time we were at Sands and had ocean view....it was a glimpse of the ocean, and a lot of the beautiful garden!! We were in Building 6 I believe; if you can request and get Building 3 you will have more of an actual ocean view. Otherwise, that upgrade in price could pay for a meal and drinks!! Coral Garden is closer to Somewhere restaurant and the reef for snorkeling. Have a wonderful trip.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

Yes the 1BR ocean view at the Sands is 2300 per couple but this includes the flights for everyone (Expedia package). It actually went up from 2150 earlier this morning but Expedia fluctuates a lot. I'm not sure which building the Coral Gardens rental is in. I don't think it indicated. Expedia also had a Villa del Mar deal but with 2 bedrooms (all are garden/pool view I believe) for roughly the same price as the Sands 1 bedroom Gardenview.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

Also fyi the $1836 Coral Gardens rate is not with a flight. So that would be $917 per couple plus their flights.

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,522 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

$2300 per couple for 8 nights including flight...that's awesome!! Our flights are usually at least half that amount!! Have read great things about Villa del Mar on the forum; it's not beachfront, but from some previous posts, it's just steps away...would that be worth the 2nd bedroom??? I have a hard time giving up the oceanfront/ocean view when I am at the ocean!!!

Edited: 23 June 2013, 19:49
Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

I don't think you will be able to have 5 people in a one bedroom. Or will you each have a one bedroom?

One couple on those dinky pull outs will be awful. We have had one of our kids on one, but never a couple.

Plus a crib in there somewhere will be very tight.

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,726 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

Oh, I see that you will all be together in a one bedroom. Might want to rethink that. Did you price out a 2 bed GV, well worth it, imo.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
310 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

No I've only looked at the 1BR for there. Are the sofa beds that bad? I don't want anyone being stuck on something crappy all week. Maybe 2BR at VDM would be better even without the ocean view...

maryland
Level Contributor
4,677 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: How great is this deal at The Sands? And Coral Gardens?

Have to agree with Ajax. One bedroom with two couples and a baby, way to tight. I would definately look at VDM. Well worth it and you will be on the beach most of the day and each have some privacy back at the resort. Check how many barhrooms. I vaguely remember some one saying something about only one bathroom in the two bed, I could be totally dreaming that though.