We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

Seattle
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Topic
Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

Does anyone have experience with RCI resorts on Providenciales? Going to try to book through RCI for Jan 2015.

Thank You So Much

KayC

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

Alexandra Resort & Spa in Provo on Grace Bay. Whether it's a RCI resort in 2015 that remains. DR. JIM

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

There are only 32 units on the island that are timeshare units, and most people use their units. It may be very hard to get in. The Alexandra Resort, and Spa

You may want to consider www.redweek.com and ask for a trade with someone that owns there.

Good Luck

If you own in Hawaii, I might consider a trade, but I own in April.

Seattle
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

I do own on the Big Island of Hawaii Paniolo Greens. Will look into that. Bought in Hawaii just for trading power.

Thank you

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,465 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

"best " RCI resort is only one, as mentioned above, the Alexandra.

Other than Camke maybe trading for Hawaii, you'll be hard pressed to get your week traded at Alex, it's so loved no one gives it up!

Usually a 3 plus wait for a trade, so if truly interested, do it as soon as possible.

Seattle
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

Well I put in a request for a trade to Providenciales for Jan, Feb or March 2015. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Hilltown...
Level Contributor
2,766 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

SunLvnGrl - We weren't successful in trading into Provo with our RCI membership so I rented a unit through VRBO.

I don't know if this matters to you or not but a few of the people that we met at the Alexandra said they did the timeshare spiel and that they were surprised that the timeshare condos aren't as nice as the rest. I gather that they haven't been updated. That doesn't matter to us, but I know that it matters to some.

We were able to rent a studio with an oceanview for $1300 for the week.

Good luck.

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,705 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

Kimberly

The timeshare units have all just been remodeled, and I mean totally remodeled.

Seattle
Level Contributor
328 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

Has anybody had luck trading into there?

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,559 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

Kimberly, Camke's right. The timeshare condos in the Chelsea Building are very recently remodeled. They have stainless appliances, granite counters, travertine (I think) flooring throughout the unit, two flat screen TVs in ours (a one bedroom), and an oceanview that you would pay gobs more for at many of the other resorts. I'm not one of those people who can say "you don't spend much time in your room so...", as I'm quite picky about my room/condo when traveling. Other than a tiny spot on the sofa in the living area of our unit last week, I couldn't find a thing wrong with it if I tried. I'm sorry that those people you spoke to didn't feel the units were up to snuff, but honestly, they are perfect for us middle-of-the-road people.

Richmond, Texas
Level Contributor
145 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best RCI Resort on Providenciales

We traded into the Alexandria through Interval. It matched fairly quickly, but we are traveling during a less desirable time. We are traveling the end of July. We have exchanged into some fabulous resorts on great islands. The key is flexibility.