We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cheated on Turks

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Knoxville TN
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Topic
Cheated on Turks

So instead of going to Turks as we had been the past several years, we went to seven mile beach in Cayman Islands this past 4th july

I was punished by cloudy weather all week, and some crazy wind pattern that may the beach rough..heck people were bodysurfing. No good!

Hah. We actually loved GC but for other reasons. But since the beach quality is my #1 priority, T &c still holds a special place in my heart. Seven mile beach comes close but doesn't have that oomph of grace bay.

Hope u guys forgive me :)

Knoxville TN
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Cheated on Turks

BTW..didn't want to dissuade people from GC but it did have a much bigger restaurant selection, shopping options and an airport that is as easy to get in and out of as they come. Those were the biggest things I noticed.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,928 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cheated on Turks

You don't cheat-just made a mistake that's all. I will be the first one to forgive you. We don't to come to the Island for the Airport either, even though my family had a bad experience occur a couple of years ago. NO, we come for the beach(not that Beaches) and the water. The whole Island "Happy" vibe mode turns us on. That's it! You are welcomed back by my vote. DR. JIM

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Cheated on Turks

No worries, it's great to go other places to make comparisons. Now you really know what you like! ;-) Although the airport in GC sounds really nice. Hopefully Provo's will compare someday just a little bit.

Now the immediate remedy is to plan another trip to Provo asap!

NH
Level Contributor
2,965 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cheated on Turks

Delighted to read your report! My sister (who has not been to TCI) has been pestering me to try Grand Cayman. I've never been there. I could care less about shopping and I'm not a foodie. I love Provo for the snorkeling and the beach. Can you think of any reason I should oblige my sister's request and book Cayman for my vacation next year? (Already have plans to return to Provo this fall.)

new jersey
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cheated on Turks

Have been to Cayman 8 times. Actually snorkelling both off shoe and from boat is better. Having said that, we head to Turks tomorrow for 5th time it is all good man

Ukiah, California
Level Contributor
158 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cheated on Turks

Love Little Cayman--been there twice for dive trips. Where do you recommend I go for Turks & Caicos? Want to dive but also some social life, traveling solo female.

United States
Level Contributor
775 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cheated on Turks

It's not cheating - just reconfirming that TCI is the place to be. ... Personally, I'm happy that TCI at the moment still remains small in comparison to other islands and isn't bursting with mega shopping or the same big name restaurants like others. Not to mention NO beach vendors hounding you. My experience with the TCI airport is that it is a breeze getting in and out if you travel weekdays. .... I'm keeping my fingers crossed none of that changes before my next visit because the day a Jimmy Buffet's Margaritaville or even a Starbucks goes up .. I'll be looking elsewhere.

Edited: 11 July 2013, 22:10
8. Re: Cheated on Turks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2014, 06:19