We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

Are the oceanfront studios and oceanfront one-bedroom units at the Sands located only in Building 3? Or are they in Building 4 as well? And do both the oceanfront studios and one-bedroom units have a washer/dryer in the unit?

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

I believe the Sands doesn't' have mostly Oceanfront units. My advice, is to make sure you actually end up with one? Don't do any building changes that may give you a washer/dyer in lieu of that water view. DR. JIM

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

I stayed in a one bedroom ocean front in building , and their was a studio next to our unit.. That the closest you will get to Ocean Front Building 3 I believe their is another building that they have listed as Ocean Front Maybe it's 4, but you look over Hemingways. Not sure what kind of view you get.

Not sure about the washer/ dryer. I thought they all had washer/dryers at the Sands, but could be wrong

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

I *think I found my answer on Oyster.com. Unit 3106 is listed as a "one-bedroom deluxe oceanfront". Photos show a washer/dryer in the unit, along with a huge wrap around, screened in patio that's clearly oceanfront.. Unit 3103 is listed as a "one-bedroom oceanfront", with no photos of a washer/dryer in the unit, but also with a huge screened in patio that's clearly oceanfront as well.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,307 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

YES, that's what you want, clearly full Oceanfront. YES, I am very adamant on this Oceanfront thing. Most of us come to Grace Bay for the beach & water. Immerse youself for the best experience here and take home those lifetime memories. You are doing this Provo thing the right way. Enjoy. DR. JIM

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,757 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

Muylinda, 3106 is the unit that is right in the front of building 3, with a little lawn and then the dunes. They keep the landscaping low in order to see the ocean, from the balcony. It overlooks the pool, as well. It is the one that camke has been in, and we stayed in a few times.

3103 is called oceanfront, however, it is along side of the pool, further toward building two. Both have washer and dryers and are huge.

3103 would be a better ocean view on the second or third floor.

No studios in building four and the 3 one bedrooms are along the pool side, really great location and views from second and third floors. First floor will look out to the pool.

Edited: 12 July 2013, 22:40
Massachusetts
Level Contributor
3,469 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

Thanks, Ajax!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
516 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

Building 4 has ocean view, not ocean front. Even though it wasn't ocean front, my view from 4201 was incredible.

Austin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

We were given bldg 3 for both our stays at the Sands. The first time we went, we booked a 1-bdrm Oceanfront. This last time, we booked a 2-bdrm Oceanview. Both times we were on the east side of the building, overlooking the access road/parking and open lot towards Point Grace. The difference was when we booked Oceanfront, we were only the 2nd or 3rd screened porch from the front, whereas the Oceanview condo was farther to the back of the building. We were told the only other Oceanview 2-bedroom choices were in Building 4, and you did indeed look over the roof of Hemingways.

9. Re: Oceanfront unit question re: The Sands

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2014, 05:17