We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
585 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

Hi Everyone,

Well this is the third disruption posted to our upcoming trip so far. This is what I get for booking my Oct 2013 trip in Dec 2012! Long story - had to book on points etc etc.

Anyway, if anyone is travelling during this time, the direct flight from Toronto Pearson is suspended for these dates. They couldn't really explain why...and they won't offer a reprotection on Westjet direct either. Connections are offered with US through Charlotte or Philly, United throuth Newark, or Air Canada to Miami then AA to Provo. I decided to take a refund on the revenue ticket I purchased along with the points ticket, crediting my points wallet back. I hope this isn't the universe karma telling me not to go to Provo this year! Poppycock! I'm booked on the Westjet direct now and decided to extend my trip to 11 glorious nights. Happy rebooking!

BB

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

I always have to connect, all times of year, so I personally would go anyway

A connection wouldn't keep me away from there!

PS Charlotte (and USairways) is actually a really nice way to get there.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,532 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

Go,go,go to Provo! DR. JIM

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

Well that's not good news. We haven't booked yet, but are planning to go around that time frame.

I guess decision is made.....we'll be flying WestJet!

Thanks for the heads up!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,678 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

I don't mind stopping in Charlotte NC...Miami ....No Way !!!!

London,Ont...
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

We started using Westjet about 4 years ago. Price was always better than anything else we could find out of Toronto. (even less that we could find out of Detroit with a stop over in MIami)

WestJets prices have inched up over the last year, but that direct flight that leaves at 9:30 and arrives at 1:20pm is to die for. No crazy early mornings to make that flight. Air Canada does fly about the same times, and I would consider it if they were less expensive, but so far WestJet is winning our business.

And for what its worth, I just printed our boarding passes for the flight tomorrow morning.

T-25 hours and I'll be in the customs line at PLS. :-)

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

Brad,are you trying to make me jealous?!!

Have a great time with Sue and the kids!

Enjoy!

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

????????? Man that SUCKS. I guess they simply couldn't fill the seats. I only fly AC as we build up a lot of Aeroplan miles.

I once managed to book 3 J seats to Exuma. However we had to cancel for work reasons but the mid-week departure I booked never existed. I did call Aeroplan and the rep was rather confused and assured me the flight existed but out of curiosity I did look a week before departure and sure enough there was only Sat-Sat flights. All in all I think we have it rather easy compared to a lot of Americans due to Toronto being the centre of the Canadian universe allowing a lot of direct flights.

London,Ont...
Level Contributor
547 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

Marg:

Yep, :-)

We all read everybody else's trip reports all year long and wish we were there.

Well for the next 3 weeks, its our turn to live the "Grace Bay Dream"

Power soft white sand, Blue skies, beautiful turquoise waters, and food. Has anybody mentioned (recently) all the wonderful places to eat there.

I know this isn't for everybody, but someone please tip a chair forward at The Shark Bite for me for tomorrow evening just before Sunset. Almond Crusted Grouper please.

(sorry for the thread hijack)

Boston
Level Contributor
3,063 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

Yes AVOID Miami. Only with PreCheck and Global Entry should you go through Miami.

10. Re: Air Canada direct service from Toronto suspended 12OCT-10NOV

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12 July 2013, 19:29