We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dinner attire for men?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Holly Springs...
Level Contributor
58 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Dinner attire for men?

We have reservations at Mango Reef and Coco Bistro, otherwise we are going to do places like The Deck, Hemingway's or Somewhere for dinner. Should my husband pack one pair of khakis or would nice shorts be OK for these? We are only there 4 nights. Thanks!

1. Re: Dinner attire for men?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 July 2014, 16:55
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,865 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dinner attire for men?

I always wear shorts to all of those places.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dinner attire for men?

First year we went, DH ( well, actually me) packed pants. Never since though..dress shorts are all he wears now.

Knoxville TN
Level Contributor
31 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Dinner attire for men?

Shorts are common. This time of the year, We would be sweating bullets in anything more than shorts

Hoboken, New Jersey
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dinner attire for men?

I was there recently and a few gentlemen were in suits -- it could have been a special occasion though.

Lancaster, PA
Level Contributor
815 posts
693 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dinner attire for men?

I only pack dress shorts......all that is needed.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Dinner attire for men?

AHH, DR. White "pants" here for my dinner attire for visiting COCO the Cat @ CoCo Bistro with my 4 girls who wear their beautiful white summer dresses. We are going to have dinner twice here during our full 2 weeker in a month. Boy, I am going to take the heat on this response. DR. JIM

York, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
452 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Dinner attire for men?

Just back and my hubby wore a nice collared shirt with nice khaki shorts to Coco Bistro. Most men were wearing nice shorts and shirt. Too hot otherwise.

Austin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dinner attire for men?

Definitely shorts, and Mango Reef isn't any more dressy than Hemingways for dinner. Coco Bistro is probably a notch up, but it can be warm in their palm grove patio if there isn't a stiff breeze.

Funny story - our first day at the Sands this June, I was craving their fish tacos and planned to sit on their deck and order off the lunch menu just before the 6 pm switch to the dinner menu. Been thinking of it the whole flight down. BUT, we played in the water and missed the 6 pm switch and the deck was closed for a private party. So while we're waiting at our regular patio table, all these gorgeous young women show up to claim the deck area - it was obvious it was a rehearsal dinner for a wedding. The ladies were all decked out (no pun intended) in floor-length, very fashionable dresses with very high heels, hair and makeup done. And then the guys showed up, all in shorts and about in tshirts with flip flops/topsiders. It was hilarious :)

10. Re: Dinner attire for men?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2014, 06:19