We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

We had such a wonderful day! It started off with our morning tour with Island VIbes with Mo and Tank. Love them! They were wonderful hosts:) We had a lovely time snorkeling and seeing many big fish, including a barracuda. It was amazing watching Tank dive in later to show us an enormous red starfish. We also got to see the turtle they call Pete whipping through the shallow waters. Tank dove and got us four large conch for our yummy conch salad, and he cleaned up a shell for me to take home. We loved watching all the sting rays and the lemon shark come for the leftovers. The whole tour was as fabulous as I expected, and I am rather sunburned to show for it.

This evening we went to Bight Park for the Fish Fry. It is definitely a must do We got to eat so many wonderful items from several venues, including Sailing Paradise. I told them how sad I was to miss their location, but I had their delicious, spicy jerk fish which semi made up for it. The baked mac and cheese and peas and rice were delish. We had rum punch and conch fritters from Miss Moonies. Yum! The band was in full swing as we left, but we are worn out. Think we'll go sit by the beach for a bit.

Tomorrow we are renting a car and exploring the island. Can't wait! We are in total LOVE with this place, and the weather has been spectacular. We will have to find a way to come back with our three daughters. Perfect silver anniversary trip so far:)

Liz

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

Sounds like we really need to try the Fish Fry on our next visit!

Be sure to lunch at Las Brisas tomorrow.......or at least a drink! Stunning views of Chalk Sound!

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

Oh yes! Las Brisas is definitely on the itinerary:)

We got to the fish fry right at 5:30 which was perfect for getting food and having somewhere to sit. Very fun!

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

Sounds like a perfect day in paradise! So happy you are enjoying everything and love it like the rest of us "addicts!"... ;-)

You will be amazed at Chalk Sound and the surrounding beaches....please take lots of pics for us poor Provo starved folks back home!

Have fun!!

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,576 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

So glad you are having a great time - but then, can't imagine you wouldn't!!! Enjoy exploring tomorrow and I agree--lunch or definitely drinks at Las Brisas...and to follow your dad's vacation mantra - go for the rum cake dessert!!! Yummy!!!

Austin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

Y'all are definitely living the Provo vacation dream! And you are definitely a young-at-heart silver anniversary couple - I don't know if we could have made it to the fish fry after an Island Vibes trip! And we are just now coming up on 20 years! LOL! Keep having fun. I love seeing your posts every day :)

Pryor, Oklahoma
Level Contributor
517 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

We all got our best sunburn with Island Vibe also, but it was tons of fun. You will hate coming home, Oklahoma is nasty hot right now!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

I want that day!

Frederick, Maryland
Level Contributor
313 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

check out beaches in Provo mar. 21 listing in forum for more fun

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,518 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

We went to the Island Fish Fry a couple of weeks ago and had a great time too. Had really great jerk chicken and grilled conch from "Hole in the Wall". It was very crowded around sunset & later - enjoyed eating at the beach and watching sunset (no place left to sit at the park). It was an easy walk from our condo - glad we didn't have to drive and find a place to park.

It sounds like you are having a great trip!

10. Re: Island Vibes and Fish Fry. What a day!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 06:20