We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day three Villa Del Mar

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hamlet, IN
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Day three Villa Del Mar

Breakfast early at the bar poolside this morning is quickly become our routine. The baby didn’t like the little lizards scampering about. He didn’t want to walk by them. He had his eyes on the “wa-wa” again, he couldn’t even eat he was so excited. He would have climbed right in, pj’s and all if we had let him. The front desk staff booked Coco Bistro for the evening for Sarah and Eric. We enjoyed Taylor bay so much we decided to go back today. We found it like pros this time. The drive over is easy; the baby dozed so we chose to sight see while he was cat napping. Chalk sound is stunning. We drove past the turn off and ogled some mansions nearby. Who owns that one off on that little peninsula?? It’s a complex in itself. We were extra prepared for the beach. Rum punch, snacks, water, sunscreen, baby, toys etc. It was perfect. We let the baby go skinny-dipping for a short period at the end of our stay here. I told the rest of them to leave their clothes on. We decided on da Conk Shack for lunch. Funny, it was sunny at Taylor Bay, overcast and raining on the north side. That’s okay; we were under the roof and the baby dashed in and out of the rain on the deck. Awesome choice, a very relaxed atmosphere, family friendly and we didn’t worry that he was disturbing others and we had the best lunch! Eric and I had the fish tacos and Sarah had the cracked conk. Homemade fries. Our fish tacos had this ugly but delicious hot bean sauce on the side. We practically licked our plates or at least I did. Sarah bought a shell. Anyone snorkel here? It looked interesting or is that all sea grass out there?? We wandered on back to Villa Del Mar where the baby napped. Eric and I went down to the beach and booked Island Vibes for later in the week with the beach attendants. We chose this operator based on all your reviews and advice and because the boat looked a little easier to navigate around on with a toddler. The called and made an agreement with the operator that the baby could go for free. We appreciated that. He wasn’t drinking any rum punch anyway. Catamarans would be harder with the openness on the sides. We couldn’t leave Grace Bay beach without jumping in to cool off. Trotted back to the resort for some pool time while the baby finished his nap. We pulled ourselves together for an afternoon of snorkeling at Coral Gardens. I find it hard to snorkel in shallow water. You really need to swim out further on the sides to begin to snorkel comfortably here. Some nice soft corals out deeper but up front it was pretty beat up. We did see a small variety including parrot, lionfish, puffer fish and a stingray. We returned to the resort so that they could get ready for dinner. I ordered a pizza as I offered to stay in with the baby so they could enjoy a quite evening together alone. I can’t speak for their dinner but they rather enjoyed it. This was the one and only time I turned on the TV (wish I could say the same for the bartender) for some cartoons just prior to the baby settling down for the night. He is so sweet. He settled down easily for me. I am having a marvelous time on Provo.

United States
Level Contributor
775 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

Thanks - your update was enjoyable while having my morning coffee. If I'm not mistaken, Caicos Dream Tours also has non open boats in case you want to get out there again and take the baby.

Edited: 28 July 2013, 16:38
Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,537 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

Love your reports and style! Thanks so much for sharing. Our 2 year old grandson went w us on Island Vibes n May. Think you will all enjoy the excursion. Oh, their rum punch is very good, and somebody has to drink it!! Sapodilla is also great for a toddler as well as adults. We saw several starfish there which grandson really enjoyed and saw dolphins one evening as well as sea turtles. Enjoy and I look forward to more reports.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

MY, MY, MY, we are just happily tagging along with you on your trip and you don't even know we are there. See what writing level you are at? Kind of like reading a good book--the author takes you along into the story. Now I must warn you that DR. VICKI gets jealous when I dispense compliments like this to other women. DR. JIM

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

Nice report. Thanks for sharing it!

Hamlet, IN
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

Thanks you all, I am having a good time sharing and like to have my memory preserved for reference. I'm surprised my daughter hasn't jumped in and peppered you all with a little more from her point of view!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

Because Mom is doing such a good job. DR. JIM

Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

Haha, Yeah she is doing so good with the report I don't know if I have much more to add !!

Level Contributor
13 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

She has always been a great writer, as you all can tell.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

Very enjoyable reading! What a great trip for you all to take together....memories to last a lifetime!

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Day three Villa Del Mar

Loving your reports and writing style!

I know how special it is to spend time with your family and grand baby!

Can't wait to read more!