We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Del Mar day five

Hamlet, IN
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Del Mar day five

Day 4

Repeat on breakfast other than we kept the curtains closed and made some scrambled eggs before going down so the baby would eat without being distracted by the “wa-wa”! Sapodilla Bay was our target today and we had an idea where it was so we loaded up on the usual beach supplies and headed out. Seems like the baby enjoys a mid morning snooze so we took advantage again to do some sight seeing. We drove down by long bay area first but didn’t see any beach accesses. It would be great if there were a map showing where they all were. It’s kind of like finding a needle in a haystack. They showed me where Coco Bistro was located. Wandered back and down to Sapodilla bay. It was just as nice as Taylor bay. I read one report about rocks in the water. Not enough to concern yourself about that’s for sure. We all played in the shallow water and played dead in the sand. There are some very nice villa rentals here. I am envious. We decided we should never go to Disney World with the grandkids as our long-term plans have been; we should come here instead for the week. I noted a few names of the villas; spoke to some renters we meet camping out in chairs in the water. Honestly, they are so expensive I don’t know if I can justify the cost. Did I mention how envious I am?? We had received a few recommendations for Bugaloos so we decided to hit that as we spotted the sign on the way down to the bay. We stopped and asked for directions once; it was literally around the bushes from where we stopped. Very interesting spot. It had become very windy but it felt great. Great outdoor relaxed atmosphere. We ate at a table with a tree in the middle. Your meal can’t get much fresher than this! They were literally harvesting the conk and cleaning them right on the beach. They were very kind and showed us how it was done. Another young man was cleaning red snapper just off shore in the shallow water too. Amazing location. Sarah had the coconut cracked conk. It was even better than the plain cracked conk. I had fish fingers and rum punch. The baby snacked on our lunches too. He wanted to get down and play in the sand. With full bellies we went back to the resort for the standard nap/snooze by the pool. I love the palm trees here. You could have mistaken me for a lizard the way I was laying around. We walked down Grace Bay later for a stroll. What has set into our limbs?? We feel like they are heavy as lead and just want to laze around and enjoy the view. We forced ourselves over to Giggles as we heard the ice cream is good. I did not enjoy my ice cream. I have had far better. The baby did enjoy some candy treats. We had made dinner reservations at Las Brisas that morning so we made an effort to clean ourselves up. We had an excellent time and meal here. As Eric said it was “damn good”. The setting couldn’t get any better over Chalk sound. I wish we had more time as we would have ate here again. We arrived as the sun was setting. We had excellent service yet wasn’t rushed, a nice bottle of wine and the best meal we had all week. I really enjoyed the extended menu. We had chicken alfredo and some sort of stuffed Chicken for Eric. It was awesome. Prepared and displayed with a flair. The baby was growing antsy so Momma took him to the pool on the deck so he could splash his feet around. I got a funny picture here of the parents wrestling the toddler down on the trunk of the car to change his diaper. A perfect day in paradise. I am so darn lucky!

Hamlet, IN
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Del Mar day five

Oops. I miscounted. This is day 4.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Del Mar day five

Be sure to try and get up and have lunch at Flamingo's Cafe....it's located right next to Ocean Club East. There is a parking lot you can use right before you turn into the resort. It's on such a great stretch of beach and the food is great! Bring cash though, they don't take credit cards. It's a funky little beach bar but the curry grouper is to die for. They also have ice cold beer and tasty rum punches. One of ours (and many on this board) favorite local type restaurants.

Keep havin' fun!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,268 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Del Mar day five

Conch :) as opposed to a conk on the head.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,126 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Del Mar day five

Now, Now, Now I must disclose this info. Last weekend of November, I have a surprise trip with DR. VICKI(she only has 12 hours notice--that's why it's a surprise) for 5 days(sans children) to Provo. The following weekend(1st weekend of December), Disney World with our 3 young daughters and 2 grandchildren. So don't deprive your grand children the chance to see the "Mouse". Given the choice several months ago, I asked our 5 yr. old twin girls, T&C or Disney? They choose JOJO(the Dolphin) over the Mouse along with their tween sister. Now, they are going to be on Provo in about 2 weeks(August). So there's alway that way to make the wife, daughters and grand daughters "Happy". I have all 3 bases covered for the "Grand Slam Home Run". I believe you mentioned Disney World in your nicely written report that threw this slightly off kilter. DR.JIM

Edited: 29 July 2013, 20:10
Hamlet, IN
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Del Mar day five

Oops. I stand corrected, conch. Spell check has ruined me.

Oklahoma
Level Contributor
179 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Del Mar day five

It's okay. I misspelled Sapodilla Bay in all my trip reviews and pictures. And I'm an English teacher! UGH!

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Del Mar day five

Sounds like a nice day! Coconut cracked conch? Yum!!!

8. Re: Villa Del Mar day five

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 05:17