We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Safety?

state college
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Safety?

Hi to all my TA friends. My hubby and I are going to Provo in Sept. (COUNTING THE DAYS!!). I had Bugaloos on my must-see list but was reading some posts that the Five Cays area is unsafe. Thoughts?

Thanks in advance, Lori

London,Ont...
Level Contributor
588 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Safety?

Go for lunch

Highly recommend!

Easy drive, easy to find.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Safety?

Most may consider 5 - cays "unsafe" but many do not.

if you are driving thru to Boggaloos you will not have an issue.

if you broke down on the way, again, I doubt you would have an issue

but if you went there at 2am - that may be a different story.

because the area is very poor, it gets tarnished with the rep that its a dangerous slum - not so!

most crime in 5C is "in house" amongst the residents and tourist are RARELY, if ever (?) targeted.

Go, and enjoy!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,603 posts
416 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Safety?

Agree with the others. Go and have a great time. There really isn't anything else around the restaurant. The ride was an easy one from Grace Bay, just on the other side of the airport. Look for a little Bugaloo's sign when making the left off the main highway.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Safety?

Go past the end of the airport runway on south dock road,

take the next left after the AUDITORIUM and the GAS STATION. (should be the sign here)

keep going and when the road forks - go LEFT

keep going you cant miss it.

state college
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Safety?

Thanks to Husby and all for great news and directions! I would have been bummed to miss this experience/view.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Safety?

you are most welcome!

enjoy!

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Safety?

Also, Bogaloos is just next to the fish market , so if you are staying somewhere that has a kitchen, pick yourself up some lobster and fresh fish while there!!

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
43 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Safety?

Totally safe! We just returned with 8 teenagers..not worried at all. I would not recommend staying out there late at night (due to no street lights coming back and being remote) without being smart but that goes for any locale.

ohio
Level Contributor
79 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Safety?

Drove past yesterday when "lost", will definately be eating there this week.

Beverly...
Level Contributor
1,862 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Safety?

Was there last week around 10 PM and it was one of the most happening spots on the island. Daytime will not be a problem. One of my local friends said to me that "Bugaloo's has brought some respect to Five Cays".