We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
418 posts
254 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

Hey all,

Looking for hotels for a 1 week trip that has easy access to scuba sights(thinking private boats not large dive day long charters). My wife does not dive,, so 1/2 day or shorter trips would be ideal. Don't need to dive more that 2-4 times....

We like the finer things - understated luxury and would prefer to go somewhere where there will not be a ton of kids running around.

Amanyara looks interesting, but not sure we want to be that far out for a week. Maybe we stay at 2 places and only dive at the one....

All help and opinions are appreciated!

Thanks, Mark

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

Any of the top resorts on Grace Bay, then book a one tank dive with Dive Provo and you'll only be out a few hours!

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,302 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

Are you for Scuba?

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
264 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

Amanyara is an extraordinary “Zen like” resort; very tranquil, peaceful and extremely remote. It is on the far north western end of Providenciales. It is so remote that you literally travel down an unpaved road for a number of miles to get to the resort.

My wife and I have not stayed overnight at the resort, but have eaten lunch and had drinks at their spectacular bar several times. It is definitely worth visiting, but unless privacy is your #1 consideration I do not believe it is your best option.

There are a number of luxury class resorts on Grace Bay, where the beach is far superior than the one at Amanyara. I would recommend that you go to Trip Advisor; read the reviews; narrow your choice down to 1-2 and then call the resorts directly and speak with them about room rates, etc.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

I have stayed there and think its overated.

good diving very close by though!!

www.amanresorts.com/amanyara/diving.aspx

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,232 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

Luxury resorts to look into-

Regent Palms

Somerset

Point Grace

Grace Bay Club

Seven Stars

Mike

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

TCIMike gave you a great starting list.

While you dive, your wife may want to be closer to the hub, so she can beach, shop and go to the terrific spas.

All the resorts mike mentioned are luxury and gorgeous, yet not isolated.

Yet they are still peaceful and relaxing.

Dives are by boat either to Northwest Point area or West Caicos, a 1 tank dive will only have you gone for 3-4 hours. Your wife would be better off at one of the luxury resorts mentioned above.

Siesta Key, Florida
Destination Expert
for St-Jean-Cap-Ferrat
Level Contributor
418 posts
254 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

Thank you all. This was exactly the info I was looking for.

I am definitely looking for a smaller resort and Point Grace and Grace Bay Club look perfect... will be tough deciding....

Really appreciate the input!

Edited: 23 August 2013, 12:57
Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

A one tank dive out of Turtle Cove with DIVE PROVO will have you back in a little over 2rs ;

20 min to Dive site

1 hr dive

20 min back to dock

plus time for kitting up etc etc

ENJOY!

Texas
Level Contributor
567 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

Don't know why no one mentions Regent Grand - more boutique and quiet, like Point Grace. No on site restaurants, per se, but lots right outside resort in Regent Village.

Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for luxury as well as Scuba

Understated luxury without alot of kids running around, private boats, not large day long charters? Then you should check out FiFi at http://www.caicosadventures.com/ca_LadyK.htm which will more than compliment any stay at either Point Grace or Villa Renaissance. FiFi will even pick you up on the beach (dependent on surf conditions) in front of the resort for your dives just a 5 minute ride out to the reef. And your wife can be entertained by FiFi's non stop chatter on the history of the Island!!