We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Club Med - June 2014

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
243 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Club Med - June 2014

Anyone out there going to Club Med in June? We are a family with adult children and will be there the week of June 16th. We are already looking forward to participating in EVERY sport and activity offered! Just booked, so I am really excited!!!

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,372 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Club Med - June 2014

That is almost a year form now!! That is definitely long-range planning.....

If you have not been to a Club Med previously, I recommend you check my "Turkoise, Club Med" trip reports at my web page, www.hammocktree.us/ms/trips.html and especially see the "Guide for First Time GMs" at the top of that page. Club Med is a little different from most resorts and it helps to understand before you get there.

But, most of all, have fun!!

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
243 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Club Med - June 2014

@amateuGo Thanks...again! Yes I have read all your reviews....and have already printed out your recommendations for packing. We are going to have lots of luggage lol. Do you know if there is a laundry mat or if the resort has a laundry service? As for an active 7 day vacation....we are going to go through a lot of clothes...and I am not doing everything in a bath suit. It's not too far off....10 month lol...but this was the best way to get a good deal on airfare and a discount on the hotel. I know most people probably do things last minutes. My son said "boy mom, you are spending more time researching a vacation for us than the time we will actually spend on a vacation lol" Yes I did, first we were planning for Mexico....I now know everything about Mexico, but we picked Turks for our trip....and there is so more for me to learn, but I have heard so many great things from friends. And you are right as this resort does sound much different than places....it almost sounds like a camp my children went to when they were young. I hope it is everything that we think it will be....as you can trust all the reviews.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,372 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Club Med - June 2014

Actually, you will probably use half the clothes you pack... We ae "beach people" so we spend most of the day in out bathing suits. One for the morning and one for the afternoon. Shorts and t-shirt for breakfast and lunch, so a couple of pairs of shorts and a couple of t-shirts. Casual for evening; we generally don't wear the same thing twice, but various combinations of the same basic cloths. I generally take 3 pairs of slacks (wearing one of them on the plane) and 3 nice shirts. With all of this we/I are probably "overdressed". Wife and I normally take one moderate size suitcase, and this includes our snorkel gear and sometimes (depending on wind forecast) our windsurfing harnesses).

The general suggest for vacationing on Provo is to "Bring half the clothes and twice the money you think you will need". For Club Med the suggestion is more like "Bring half the clothes and twice the sunblock you think you will need."

Some people do describe Club Med as a "Summer Camp for adults" and there is some truth in that, but it so much more fun because at this summer camp you get to do what you want, when you want, rather than when the camp scheduler/organizer tells you to do it.

Rockaway, New Jersey
Level Contributor
243 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Club Med - June 2014

@ AmateurGo My family usually likes to go for a morning run and workout in a gym, so I'm sure they will continue to do this on vacation...with that said we will definitely need more than a couple of tee shirts. My son can probably run without a shirt, but he does like to wear one throughout the day to avoid getting too much sun. We never wear a top more than once and we can easily go through three a day. So it would be nice if there is a laundry mat or a service at the resort for us to hit up about mid week....do you know of any? I rather have more than not enough. And "3 slacks"? Do the men have to wear slacks to dinner? My son pretty much wears shorts all year round and we live in the Northeast. Pants are hot.

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
4,372 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Club Med - June 2014

Slacks not required at all... I wear them because I am more comfortable that way but except for "elegant night", I am probably in the minority. ("Elegant" is the "dress code" one night and is completely option for the GMs, but is required of the GOs.)

There is laundry service available. They used to have coin operated machine available for GMs, but did away with that a couple of years ago.

Since I have had multiple (20+) skin cancers cut out of my hide, I practically always wear a shirt, especially in the sun. I will normally have 1 or 2 water shirts (Lycra) for windsurfing, sailing, or snorkeling, probably 2 "beach t-shirts" for walking the beach or lounging around, and a couple of good t-shirts or polo shirts for meals or when I want to look decent during the day. You might think that this is just because I am a guy and don't care about such things, but my wife usually sees how long she can make a shirt or pair of shorts last, typically at least 4 or 5 days, since we are only wearing those shorts about 2 hours a day (breakfast and lunch). And she is very fastidious in general... It may sound bad, but we have never had any negative comments about our dress or appearance... well, to our face anyway,,, :-)

Oh, if you do need to just rinse out a t-shirt, just wear it out into the ocean, swim around a little, then rinse it out in a shower along the beach and allow to dry. It is amazing our effective this is and a lot more fun than normal washing.

6. Re: Club Med - June 2014

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 August 2014, 05:18