We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

All Inclusive

Saskatoon, Canada
Level Contributor
1,721 posts
147 reviews
Save Topic
All Inclusive

Just curious...Can any of the experts comment on why this destination has not embraced this concept? Would love to visit, but just not as accessible as other tourist destinations. Shall we say a little cost prohibitive. Not saying A1 is a perfect concept, just wondering about your opinions.

Thanks folks.

Austin
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: All Inclusive

Since there are so many restaurants all through what would be considered the 'hotel zone' and since the island is small and easy to navigate with plenty of rental cars and since the food and water are safe to consume without worries of travelers' digestive ailments and since it is a relatively safe island, I don't think the AI concept is needed. We only AI in Mexico, where unfortunately you do still need to be careful of what you eat while in certain regions of the country. Other islands in the Caribbean that offer AIs are either troubled by local crime or have gorgeous beaches that are so remote that guests could not easily go somewhere else to eat. IMO.

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: All Inclusive

What Seashell said!!

As a fellow Canadian, I get you questioning the lack of AI.....we're so used to travelling to Mexico, DR and Cuba where it's all about AI.

BUT.... Provo has so many wonderful restaurants to dine at and resort/ condos to stay. Plus the island itself is relatively safe...and you'll

want to explore.

Check out your many booking options on VRBO or www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc

Take the chance..you"ll love TCI...no need for an AI!!!!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,137 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: All Inclusive

We already have two too many.

Somerset, NJ
Level Contributor
228 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: All Inclusive

So much to explore on this beautiful island, why would anyone want to stay in ONE location! No AI's please!!!

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,262 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: All Inclusive

All Inclusives equates to being held hostage at that home-away-from home. I for one will not be held a prisoner to be confined while on a vacation I am responsible for paying for. I want to see & experience the complete location I elected to go to. Did anyone expect a different response from me this morning? DR. JIM

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,583 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: All Inclusive

I expected a different response DR Jim. I actually understand what you are saying.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: All Inclusive

I agree with lobo in post #3. AI is the antithesis of the TCI, IMO.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
585 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: All Inclusive

Hi Judy,

I've travelled to many all-inclusives over the years, the standard Cuba, D.R., Jamaica, and Mexico.

Two years ago was when I first travelled to Provo. It was the first time I travelled to a non-inclusive destination and property. I have to say, I was a bit apprehensive initially, having to "worry" about what and where to eat next. Prior to my trip, I spent a lot of time on this forum learning about restaurants and different price points. I learned about renting a car to explore the island, about Wednesday night chicken and ribs at Tiki Hut, going to Taylor and Sapodilla Bay, taking a half-day snorkelling/boat trip, and of course snorkelling at Bight Reef. I also learned about bringing dry goods with us on our trip to make it less costly to cook our meals in the condo. Since my first trip 2 years ago, we are travelling a third time this coming October and I can hardly wait! In the meantime, I stayed at an all-inclusive in Mexico this past Easter and Cuba last October and I have to say, the all-inclusives now make me feel apprehensive. Not to mention I did get sick in Cuba (albeit the first time) but I couldn't hold anything down for the majority of my stay. It was not pleasant. I love the freedom that staying in a condo on the beach provides. I don't have to wait in any lines to make a reservation at an "a la carte", I don't have to fight for the bacon at the breakfast buffet, I don't have to worry about massive amounts of people, who mainly throughout the day don't leave the swim-up bar once and you wonder, where does all that booze go? You do have all-inclusive options in Provo at either Beaches or Club Med if you really still feel that is what you'd like to do. Or, book a nice furnished condo, book a day pass at Beaches or Club Med and try it out. If you come to Provo, you will not be disappointed!

Austin
Level Contributor
1,274 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: All Inclusive

Hahaha Keater, You and me both!

10. Re: All Inclusive

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2014, 06:21