We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car

San Antonio
6 posts
Save Topic
Rental Car

We are staying in Grace Bay in Turks....and we are trying to determine if we need a rental car. For those that have been, is one needed?

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Rental Car

Welcome to the forum diving. If you put "rental car" into the search box you will probably see hundreds of threads on this subject. It's one of the most popular questions on this forum. Yes, get a rental car and see some of the island.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,639 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Rental Car

If you want to see/explore the Island--YES . Depends where you are located on Gracie's 12 miles though for your stay. You will definitely need transportation to get from the Provo Airport to Grace Bay, whether you use a taxi or rental car. We always rent a vehicle for my family of 5 since taxi's usually charge per person. DR.JIM

San Antonio
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Rental Car

Thanks, I did see a number of posts on rental cars, but most were quite old so I didn't know if anything had changed. Any suggestions on where to rent from?

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,502 posts
391 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Rental Car

Avis and Grace Bay Car Rentals seem to be the most trusted companies on the island. I've rented from both and like both, but lately I've been renting the Avis economy car with the manual transmission. It's a fun car to drive and less expensive than GBCR.

5. Re: Rental Car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2014, 05:18