We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Provo with our 15 month old.

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
McDonough, Georgia
1 post
Save Topic
Provo with our 15 month old.

Hi,

We will be traveling to Provo in a few weeks with our 15 month old. I was wanting to know if there are any playgrounds or activities to do with him while we are there. We will be staying at the Alexandra.

Thanks

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,932 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

The whole island is a playground.

Boston...
Level Contributor
9 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

I am with my 15 month old in Turks...she is napping now...but she is having a great time just going to the beach and pool...and restaurants. I did bring her own pail/shovels. However you could email hotel to see if they supply bc mine did. Also I brought swimways baby spring float sun canopy(compact when buy then blow up)..she loved being in and allows ur hands to be free to throw ball to them etc.....again can see what hotel supplies and if allows this type of floatie...you could also go on escursion one day that includes iguana islnd, snork,etc...i decided not to do...

Providenciales...
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

Hi, my name is Al the Concierge at the Alexandra Resort thank you for choosing us. Recommended activities for you child are (ladies and Gents) a place to take small children, also Undersea Explorer semi sub , boat excursion depending on the child’s temperament & if you pack everything the child will need. Getting ice-cream in Grace Bay, Children’s park on Grace Bay Beach, to name a few .Please contact me directly at concierge@alexandraresort.com to futher discuss .

Columbus, Ohio
Level Contributor
16 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

Any suggestions for airport transfer? I do not want to bring a car seat with us for my 12 month old son. Taxis likely won't have one and the hotel suggested a private transfer service....

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,164 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

By private transfer service they must mean rental car?

Rental cars come with free car seats from Grace Bay Car Rental.

You could opt I guess for Limo, that's really going to cost you! (don't even know if they have car seats anyway)

Taxi won't have car seats, but can be lap babies just like on the plane.

There are no private transfer services on island other than limo type, taxi and rental car.

6. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 23 September 2013, 23:36
Fort Lauderdale...
Level Contributor
19 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

Great choice on the hotel selection, the Alexandra is one of my favorites!

The Alexandra is child friendly and has the Pelican Club for kids for a small fee, but I think it's for ages 2 and over. I would ask the concierge about private sitting as they might have access to daycare staff that work off duty. There's lots of safe space in the garden area away from the pool and many rooms have nice balconies that are child safe.

Enjoy the stay!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,291 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

Advice for the 12 month old son. Do bring his baby car seat the first time. We did for our 17 month twin daughters because of the uncertainly and the safety when we brought them to Provo the first time. It was a good decision. A couple of reasons why? First he is comfortable with it. It's his. You know how to properly install it safely into a vehicle and then there is the cleanliness concern. Do you know how many other infants used that rental baby seat? There's oral & eye secretions, sticky fingers/hands, wet or soiled diapers, dirty clothes, food, dripping/leaking bottle formula, dropped pacifers that were in mouths, etc. from all the infants that previously used it. Pretty easy decision now? DR. JIM

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
654 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

I also suggest bringing your own car seat. We have always brought ours...we always bought our kids a seat on the plane when they were under 2 and put them in their carseat for safety reasons. But if your are doing lapsit, just check the carseat or gate-check it. That way your child is comfortable and safe when on Provo.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
430 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Provo with our 15 month old.

there is a playground right next to the Alexandra by the beach going towards the Sands.. Re car seats, I can confirm that as already said Grace Bay can provide child seats, if you come in high season ENSURE you book the number required..The seats I saw were very clean and installed properly, we had to have ours removed as our 25 and 23 year olds wouldn't sit in them........oh and if people are that concerned about a few germs maybe bring a small towel so the child can avoid contact with anything a previous kid has touched ...