We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with party ideas!

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston
Level Contributor
146 posts
Save Topic
Help with party ideas!

We are so excited to be visiting Provo in October for my fathers's 60th birthday. We have roughly 14 guests joining us for the festivities, and as it was my idea I want to make sure everyone (and most importantly my dad) has a great time.

I'm curious if anyone has any must-do party activities. I'm considering a beach bonfire, but not sure if its worth it for the cost ($500). Any insight will be very much appreciated!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,676 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with party ideas!

A private boat will run you well over $1000 for a half day, but would be so worth it.

another option look to see when Daniel is playing ( Mango Reef Restaurant), or Sally Greenwood ( Opus Restaurant) and reserve tables, see if bringing your own cake is do-able.

Edited: 15 September 2013, 13:29
Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with party ideas!

If you decide on a boat, which is what I would do, consider the Atabeyra. www.suncharters.tc They do a great job with private parties and it is a very cool old rumrunner sailboat.

Cockeysville...
Level Contributor
2,019 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with party ideas!

"Must do party activities"?........ Simple, just invite ProvoBum and me, we will take of the rest! Just Talkin'!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with party ideas!

I was on the Island a few years ago when I was 60, 61, 62, 63... Now I really like that private family party boat idea(don't forget the birthday cake) for your father's 60th birthday. In fact, you got to do! Except, let him steer the boat wheel @ full trottle for a bit with everyone cheering him on, singing Happy Birthday(He's the MAN) and having a toast. Daddy will definitely have a Happy face! My 10 older(22-42)sons/daughters & their spouses would probably toss me overboard since I don't drink for their toast. Sure beats that birthday licking. However, priceless memories-YES. This is my best advice I am giving today. DR. JIM

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with party ideas!

private charter a boat such as CAICOS DREAM TOURS to half moon bay for beach lunch!!

maryland
Level Contributor
4,564 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with party ideas!

I'd be willing to bet ISLAND VIBES does a pretty fun trip too!!!

Northof Boston
Level Contributor
509 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with party ideas!

Island Vibes just got a new boat for private excursions.

Austin
Level Contributor
1,253 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with party ideas!

I'm pretty sure you can get a half day private boat excursion (with captain to drive you) for much less than the $1000 Camke states. We looked into it this past June and it just wasn't that expensive. And yes! that is what you should do, even if your dad is a landlubber!!

9. Re: Help with party ideas!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 September 2014, 05:16