We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

KCMO
Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

My husband and I are heading to Providenciales this Saturday 9/21 till 9/28. I have always wanted to go to Turks and we are going for our wedding anniversary. However, I have been checking the weather and all I see is rain rain and more rain! I know you take a gamble going in September...but I can't help but feel a little worried! Does anyone know if the rain is usually in short burst like some other islands I have went to? Just trying to get an idea of what to expect! Thanks!

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,985 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

ACCCCKKKKKK! There went my head again. :)

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,761 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

We were just there 3 weeks ago. During the 2 full weeks we were on the Island, the Huge Sky Whale's bladder did have to go and released it's contents(rain) upon the Island. The biggest was a few hours for a couple and most of the smaller releases were 10-30 minutes with Mr. Sun making a quick appearance right after. I believe you are coming from Kansas City , MO ? I lived in the "Show Me" state for 4 years. So take about a 25% heed on that weather forecast? Chances of snow is ZERO! Chances of a tornado is ZERO! Chances of ICE is 100% in your adult drink! See, you feel better now? DR. JIM

KCMO
Level Contributor
30 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

@lobomago- ?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,236 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

You're getting a weather meteorologist from Bahamas, really how accurate can that be?

Live view, check yourself every day

http://www.theregentgrandresort.com/web-cam

Milltown, New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,394 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

lobomago,,I have been hoping for that reaction..I have missed seeing it,,It cracks me up.

Virginia
Level Contributor
579 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

Not sure what forecast you are checking, but after seeing your message, I googled the forecast for Provo at the Weather Channel. That site only shows ten days out (thru the 25th) and it looks great! - a couple of days of 30 percent isolated storms, then 20, and 10 percent. When we were there a month ago, we had a 30 percent of storms every day and fantastic sunny weather. Somewhere on the island it rained a few minutes every day (we could see the gray clouds across the island) but we had only one 30 min shower the whole time and just swam in Grace Bay during that. It is tropical and those storms are going to build up every day. I bet you have fantastic weather :)

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

Its the tropics.....there is always 100% chance of rain........but only on 10% of the island. Bring lots of SPF 50........Just Sayin'!

Swindon, Wiltshire
Level Contributor
31 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

We have been here for a week now with another week to go and have seen rain twice, 10 minutes each time!! My advice is make the most if it when it does rain as it cools down a little bit and the temperature is very very hot right now!!

Marietta, Georgia
Destination Expert
for Beach Vacations, Bonaire
Level Contributor
4,244 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

We are also arriving on the 21st and have no concerns about the weather. We have been there something like 14 times this time of year and I expect the weather to be as good as usual. There is frequently a thunderstorm somewhere around the island in the afternoon and I'd guess that on any day you might have a 20% chance of a brief shower. It actually feels good and cools things off a bit.

No worries, have a great visit!

Vidor, Texas
Level Contributor
467 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving 9/21 for Providenciales..looks like lots of RAIN!

Autumn- I know what it's like. You take your time planning an expensive trip somewhere you have never been for a special occasion and just want everything to be OK. This question comes up a lot here and sometimes people just need to have their minds at ease. Don't worry. The two times I have been the forecast looked the same, about a 30% chance everyday. It was not an issue. Most days on our last trip were beautiful and little to no rain. When it did rain a few times it was brief or only for a few hours. Then back to sunny. Our first trip last October we were on island for Hurricane Sandy to brush past us and it was cloudy, often rainy but not enough to keep us inside. It was the best trip of our lives. Two words of advice: bring bug spray just in case. Better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it. Also if you have a car and driving around avoid the large puddles on the road. Go slow. We got a flat tire hitting a pothole that we couldn't see. Just breath and wait it out. Have a great trip and come back here to write some trip reports and share your fun (or even not fun) times with us.