We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Malcolm's Road Beach

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Malcolm's Road Beach

I am leaving tomorrow for a week long trip to Provo. It will be my second in 3 months. We are staying on Long Bay and are not fans of the commercial, albeit beautiful, Grace Bay. Can anyone tell me if a trip to the other end of the island, specifically Malcolm's Beach is worth the drive? And if so, how difficult is it to find?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,647 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

I would not recommend going to Malcolm. Not worth it

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

you can "google map" it for directions,

start LONG BAY BEACH, to MALCOMS ROAD BEACH - ignore the 27 min it says it will take - allow an hour.

you may also like WEST HARBOR BLUFF / PIRATES CAVE

see also;

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g147395-i212-k6735…

tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g147395-d5…

I suggest a 4wd, not a saloon car.

if you like empty beaches and no umbrellas or sun loungers, both are great.

take water and cell phone with contact numbers etc.

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

Thank you. I do love empty beaches, unmanicured minus lines of tourists. I can fit a bottle of bambarra and pineapple juice in my cooler and

be content all day. I was a huge fan of mudjin harbour last time...alas, this trip is half the length of my last so I expect not to be wandering about too much. Do you recommend one over the other (Malcolm vs Pirates)?

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

Thank you. I do love empty beaches, unmanicured minus lines of tourists. I can fit a bottle of bambarra and pineapple juice in my cooler and

be content all day. I was a huge fan of mudjin harbour last time...alas, this trip is half the length of my last so I expect not to be wandering about too much. Do you recommend one over the other (Malcolm vs Pirates)?

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

I personally prefer "pirates" great beach but short walk up the hill is amazing views, stunning cliffs, pirate cave etc

Lexington, Kentucky
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

Thanks. How is safety there? Posts seem to discourage wandering to the western side of the island, but I had ZERO concerns last time in other secluded areas...on Provo, North and Middle Caicos.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

you'll find (as with most places, restaurants, bars etc) that some like it, some don't.

I have never had an issue in ten years, and I even camped there often too.

Others HAVE had issues in the past - but none that I have heard about recently.

I can guarantee that Provo is one of the safest islands, yet, name a location and I could probably tell you of an incident there - some people decide its so rare that its not an issue (which is often true) others like to dwell on the "danger" areas - and each to their own opinion.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,168 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

Here we go again.

Best way to Pirates Cove is Outback Adventures excursion by boat

Best way to Malcolms Beach is to make expensive lunch reservations at Amanyara.

There have been incidences on the roads out there as recent as enough of them this year. No I will not re-hash them because it's against TA rules.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

Jeni - whatever you decide - ENJOY!

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,529 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Malcolm's Road Beach

I agree with Blamona, I would not venture out to either of those places in a car with my family as there have been incidents out there, some serious. You can PM me if you want details.

Try Leeward/Pelican beach which is a nice stretch of beach where you can have the beach to yourself. Or perhaps Long Bay Beach.