We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for that perfect spot

Coatesville...
Level Contributor
12 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for that perfect spot

Hello to all and thank you for taking the time to help myself find and plan the best possible trip to paradise!

I'm trying to plan this trip for myself and wife, she typically does most of the planning and research, this trip I'm trying to surprise her for a Christmas gift. I have read many of the forums to try and avoid the repetitive question, but would really appreciate some feedback from your trips to Turks and Caicos.

I have been reading the many informative reviews on good places to eat, tours, beach spots, etc and have a pretty good plan to see as much of the beauty of the islands as possible. The one area I would love some help, suggestions on a place to stay in Grace Bay. I have been looking and the Windsong seemed to be a really nice resort but have read reports about the beach area is not that great comparable to others but it has wonderful snorkeling right in front!

We are not a picky couple, we want a place that would be central (as possible) to some of the local places to eat and of course have a few drinks. We would love a place with a nice pool, hotel pool bar and one of those breath taking views that I have been looking at over the last week! I plan on renting a scooter or car, to tour many parts of the island.

It will only be the two of us, and we are planning on going in January if that helps. As is anyone, I'm on a budget, and looking to spend about $2500 -$3000 for the week.

Thank you for any help and guidance, it will go towards helping me surprise my wife with a wonderful trip of a lifetime!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

The most centrally located resort in that price range Ocean Club West. Other options would be The Sands resort, The Alexandra resort, and Royal West Indies. to name a few

All right on the beach with pool and onsite restaurant, and bar. Most resorts are condo type you can get a studio with kitchenette, or possibly a one bedroom with full kitchen for that price.

NYC
Level Contributor
351 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

I agree with Camke's choices. The walk to snorkeling isn't too far from the Alexandra but a car would be needed from the other resorts. You've probably seen this if you've read this board, but Turks and Caicos Reservation is a great resource and they'll be able to price out all the hotels for you so you don't have to do the legwork. http://www.turksandcaicosreservations.tc/ Good luck and Merry Christmas. What a gift!

Grand Rapids...
12 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

We just got back from a week at the Seven Stars and it has all of the above. It is a very very nice place. With all of the modern amenities.

McLean, Virginia
Level Contributor
268 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

Windsong is not centrally located (located in the Western end section of Grace Bay) and therefore not close to restaurants and shops. Also, the beach at Windsong is extremely narrow.

On the plus side it does have very good snorkeling just off shore if you are avid snorkelers. Also, it is one of the relatively newer resorts.

I do not believe Windsong offers any complimentary water sports equipment, but you should verify that before making your final selection if you enjoy sailing, kayaking, water boarding, etc.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

I second Seven Stars.. we love it there and very centrally located - can walk to stores and restaurants g and the local food store....They have a great heated Saline pool amazing views, 3 restaurants -one at pool , one on the beach The Deck- also great for drinks and music )and a more upscale Seven. The staff is fantastic with twice daily housekeeping and free breakfast. I would call Yngrit (pronounced Ingrit) directly and see what kind of deals she can give you. She is the reservations manager. Free non - motorized water sports , like hobie cat,s paddle boads, kyaks and snokel equipment. They also have threir own 32 foot boat that you can go on for a fee - sunset cruises and all day snokel trips. If you want to know any more PM me.. Sorry for the tyops... xxxoo GIgi

Edited: 15 October 2013, 22:51
maryland
Level Contributor
5,123 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

Gigi, can you do Seven Stars for $3000.00 a week?

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

You can if they are having a sale and you stay in a garden view room. Believe prices drip to around $400 per night depending on the sale. They are having a fall sale now- 35% off room rate and $100 per night resort credit.

Crawley, United...
Level Contributor
432 posts
184 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

7 Stars is perfect if within budget...I just hope its a gift for Christmas and your not planning on a Christmas vacation as it is very expensive at that time of year for obvious reasons..

Edited: 16 October 2013, 01:44
Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,711 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

If you can up your budget you may be able to give your wife the trip of a lifetime. I think that is the major/dilemma you are facing. Make that phone call or contact Val or Susan @ T&C reservations for the budget you are working with. DR. JIM

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,618 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for that perfect spot

I agree with others on OCW. Great pool, right on Grace Bay, nice restaurant/bar, walking distance to many other restaurants and the grocery store. The added bonus is it would be within your price range.