We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

Delafield
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

Okay here goes a more detailed question. We will be in Providenciales the first full week of January. We need 2 bedrooms and are looking for recommendations. We prefer to have oceanfront. Do any of you have any good recommendations. Great beach is important as well as a view. Any reasonable rates out there??

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

Again, what is reasonable rates to you? I'm not trying to be hard on you, it just doesn't help us help you when we have no idea!

Almost every resort on Grace Bay has 2 bedroom units. First week of January is peak season, the most important time of year. Much is already booked for then anyway.

So give us nightly rates, (or weekly) we can make recommendations. There is not a bad place to stay, and 95% of the resorts on the beach have 2 bedroom units.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,020 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

To some paying $2000.00 per night is quite reasonable to others paying $200.00 per night would be outrageous. I would guess a "reasonable" cost estimate for a 2 bedroom ocean front on Grace Bay during peak season would be in the $750-$1,250 per night range. Plus 22% Govt. tax & resort fees. But in reality I am probably too low!? Just talkin!

Edited: 13 November 2013, 00:04
Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
164 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

Again, I would look at Coral Gardens. We were the in September. Great time had. We stayed in a one bedroom ocean front with 1 and 1/2 bath, kitchen. It was a good size. They do have 2 bedrooms we just looked at one as it at a wrap around deck which was quite impressive as it had total ocean views around. We had a ocean view which was good but the wrap around was better. We did not need to 2 bedrooms but if you go you stay there I believe you won't be disappointed.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
177 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

A two bedroom junior oceanfront at Windsong is around $1095pn for that week.

Level Contributor
289 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

Wow, why people think you may want a math lesson and not help I'll never know.

anyway. I rented from an owner at The Alexandra Resort during xmas, 1 bed, oceanfront, $2800 1 year ago. He's at rentalexandra.com. He has 2 bedrooms and it would be cheaper for you not on xmas break. Really enjoyed this location and the value was unbeatable.

Delafield
Level Contributor
42 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

Thank you.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,860 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

So you got info on CG, Windsong and the Alex, if we knew what your "reasonable rates" meant, just think of the possibilities. But if you are good, that's good. Just think, you got a crash course in math too.

Edited: 13 November 2013, 22:16
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

To add to the math, places like Coral Gardens need car rentals, so add that to the rate. Unless you want a taxi back and forth for everything, restaurants, supermarket, shops taxi will add even more.

9. Re: Seeking Ocean front 2 BR first week in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 November 2014, 06:21