We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help with accomodations

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
monmouth, nj
Level Contributor
216 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Need help with accomodations

Family of 3 heading to Grace Bay in February. We like to rent a condo or villa with a kitchen/kitchenette while on vacation. Normally we rent a 2 bedroom but I don't think we'll be able to swing that price in Turks. Anyway this is what we prefer and what I have narrowed our choices down to. Any input suggestions are appreciated: Beach Front, Clean, 1 1/2 bath (or 2), kitchen/kitchenette, walking distance to restaurants/shopping (we don't mind walking up to a mile), not overrrun with kids or people reserving lounges, we would prefer to spend $400 or less per night, we don't plan on renting a car but we really don't mind walking and we are will to pay a cab for a ride home after dinner, we love to snorkel and that would be great if we could do that without traveling to another beach. I have narrowed down my selections to Alexandra, Ocean club west and coral gardens. Feel free to let me know what my best choice may be and add other places to the mix as well. Thanks!!!!

Maryland Line...
Level Contributor
153 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help with accomodations

Returned from Pro in Sept. Look at Coral Gardens. This resort is right on the beach with great views from the bacony. Stayed in 1 bedroom ocean front 1 1/2 bathrooms, nice kitchen and living area. Felt like you are at home on the beach. Small cozy feeling which I like. The restaurant was not open for September as a lot on the island close for September. But I understand from this forum that the food is good and reasonable. If you go you will be happy with.

monmouth, nj
Level Contributor
216 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help with accomodations

Thats great ,thanks. You reminded me I should of stated that I don't necessarily need ra estaurant on site. We like to check out island restaurants when we vacation.

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,510 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help with accomodations

You're asking for a tall task looking in peak season for an oceanfront condo for 400 or under. I suggest working with Val and his staff:

http://turksandcaicosreservations.com/

They are on island and can swing some pretty sweet deals with some of the resorts. This service will nor cost you anything and I'm sure they'll be able to find you a great deal.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,102 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help with accomodations

Catch 22:

Coral Gardens is in front of reef, but you'll need transportation to the "hub" especially at night, for supermarket shops and restaurants.

Ocean Club while you can walk the hub, requires transportation to the off the beach snorkeling reef

Alexandra is walkable to both, but at night you still need transportation to get back from restaurants.

Taxi adds up and will end up costing more.

All 3 resorts fit your needs otherwise. Do make sure there's not a charge for the extra person, as even pull out couches require linens, extra towels, etc.

You don't need a car the entire time, but truly taxi will end up costing more. So you might want to compromise, have rental car for part of the week.

All 3 resorts are great.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,174 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help with accomodations

Personally......I would look at the more central budget properties like Alexandra or The Sands.

More central location, many walkable restaurants,nicer properties with decent pools. Coral Gardens is close to the reef but is in need of a serious update IMO and the abandoned property next door is an eye sore.

Just a thought.

MIKE

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,383 posts
368 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help with accomodations

I'll put a plug in for OCW. It's located in the Grace Bay "hub" and has a nice lagoon style pool, beautiful landscaping, very good beach front restaurant and the beach itself is plenty wide. Many places are within walking distance, including the Graceway Gourmet store and several restaurants. We also take advantage of the free shuttle between the two OC resorts. This gives you more restaurant options (such as Opus, Cabana and Flamingo near OCE), plus that end of the beach is the best.

We have gone through VRBO several times and that's another option. We've also gone through Val at Turks & Caicos Reservations in the past He is great to work with.

I tend to agree with Mike about Coral Gardens. It's a narrow stretch of beach with lots of foot traffic going to the reef. Not much of a pool area either. We've always rented a car and it's an easy 5 minute drive to to the snorkeling.

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
652 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help with accomodations

I would also say check out the Sands. We have stayed there several times with our kids. It's a nice, low key property with spacious rooms. Feb is high time, so not sure whether the ocean front will be that affordable. They do have wonderful screened in porches and the beachfront is wide in front of the property.

monmouth, nj
Level Contributor
216 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help with accomodations

Okay so I think I'll go with the best rate I can get at either Alexandra, Sands or Ocean Club West. Thanks for your help!

9. Re: Need help with accomodations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2014, 06:19