We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report (first timers to Provo)- Day 4

Gilbertsville, PA
Level Contributor
86 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report (first timers to Provo)- Day 4

Another beautiful sunrise and light breakfast on the balcony. Off for a morning shopping trip to Regent Village, Saltmills Plaza and Ports of Call. All are in the same general area. We walked around Regent Village first - some shops opened at 9 o’clock, others don’t open until 10. I noticed that some shopkeepers were quite pleasant and seemed very appreciative for the business. Others seemed not to care. At Ports of Call shopping area, I found some especially nice shirts and sundresses in Dive Provo. Not the usual things you see in many of the souvenir shops. These were a step up.

We also went to Potcake Place located right in the Saltmills Plaza. We saw some of the puppies awaiting adoption. So very sweet and friendly. Planning to go back and take one out for a little walk/excursion/playtime.

After shopping, back for some lunch and beverages on the balcony. Then off to the beach. Grace Bay was much calmer than previous days. Took out a float from the resort and just soaked up the warmth and sunshine. We also took a walk down the beach past the Beaches resort. It is a huge resort with lots of beach frontage. What a difference though as far as noise level and kids. I couldn't imagine a week around all of the kids. The Alexandra resort is so relaxed and quiet. We stayed on the beach to watch the sunset again. It’s not the best vantage point for watching a sunset though because you don’t see it going down over the sea.

Had a casual (i.e., relatively inexpensive) dinner at Cabana Bar & Grill at Ocean Club. (It’s not easy to get to though, if you aren’t staying there and aren’t arriving from the beach. We stopped in the office and they told us to park in the spaces by the office/reception area, and then walk down to the beach.) We both had the cabana tacos with grouper. Very good for the price. It wasn't crowded, and the waitress was very friendly and attentive. Nice, casual, outdoor setting. Dinner with two glasses of the house wine (which was very good) and one dessert came to $61. That included the 12% govt tax. (Before tip)

So ended another beautiful day on the island.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report (first timers to Provo)- Day 4

This was your best beach day. Using that balcony pretty good too. Surprise us with Day 5? DR. JIM

Ottawa
Level Contributor
665 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report (first timers to Provo)- Day 4

Thanks for your food review...I find it helps others to try different places they may not think to go to.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report (first timers to Provo)- Day 4

You ate at one of my favorite places....Cabana Club! I love their fish tacos...so good! Plus it is very reasonably priced. Try and go next door to Flamingo's and have their curried grouper...out of this world delicious!

I have never ventured down towards Beaches cause we always stay on the other side of Point Grace but someday I will have to just to see how busy it is...then run back to solitude! :-)

Keep having fun!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,531 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report (first timers to Provo)- Day 4

Agree with Patty about the Cabana. Perfect laid back combination of people, food and view. It's usually our first meal when arriving and renewing old acquaintances.

Edited: 22 November 2013, 20:48
Gilbertsville, PA
Level Contributor
86 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report (first timers to Provo)- Day 4

PattyNewportBeach, relayer

Yes, very glad we tried Cabana Club. It's nowhere near the top of the highest-rated restaurants on TA, which made me a little hesitant to go there, but would definitely go back again.

Will put Flamingo's on my list for next time, too. Thanks.

Nassau, New...
Level Contributor
4,420 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report (first timers to Provo)- Day 4

Nice reading about your day 4 - looking forward to hearing what you buy, and good for you doing the sunrise and the sunset every day :)

7. Re: Trip report (first timers to Provo)- Day 4

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 November 2014, 06:18