We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Construction on Provo?

Colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
120 reviews
Save Topic
Construction on Provo?

Evening all-

We're about 90% set on planning a trip to T&C. I've read that Provo is quite busy with new construction/renovations.

The last thing I want to do is spend $$$ to experience massive construction.

Naturally, the Gov/Tourism/'News' Web sites don't speak to this.

Does anyone have any real time feedback on what's taking place down there?

Cheers!

COSouthpaw

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Construction on Provo?

currently there are zero new construction projects going on in Provo (Grace Bay) . Most renovations done on the condo's in the resorts are done during Sept and Oct when the resorts are closed.

Mentioned in this post
Grace Bay
Grace Bay
6,112 Reviews
Providenciales
Colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Construction on Provo?

Great, thank you.

In your travels; have you found one Web site that addresses weather, festivals, restaurants, events, tourism, etc.?

Cheers

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,726 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Construction on Provo?

www.wherewhenhow.com You can also read the blog for www.turksandcaicosreservations.com

Providenciales
Level Contributor
5,305 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Construction on Provo?

Cosouthpaw, where/when did you hear about all this recent construction.

Colorado
Level Contributor
31 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Construction on Provo?

Camke-Thank you, great links.

TewksMD-I can't site an exact article or source as I've read about 30. Recurring notion was that Provo was most developed and seeing most construction within TCI. Objectively, blogs also referenced construction, so not exactly vetted information.

Providenciales
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Construction on Provo?

CSP, you are correct, Provo is the most developed island of the TCI's and yes it,experienced the most construction a few years back. Currently Provo has no new construction projects in progress. Think about booking Parrot Cay to guarantee no construction projects,

Glasgow, United...
Level Contributor
53 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Construction on Provo?

We arrived back from our trip last Monday - Provo reminds me of Grand Cayman 15 years ago.

Low rise development, high quality accommodation and restaurants - absolutely no construction works underway.

Marriott have plans for a development (next to Seven Stars) but no idea when they would begin.

Mentioned in this post
Grand Cayman
Grand Cayman
Cayman Islands
8. Re: Construction on Provo?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 December 2014, 06:18