We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crackpot Kitchen?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
111 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Crackpot Kitchen?

I was checking the restaurant list on TA for Provo and this place has pushed Coco Bistro over and it is now #1...Is that for real? There are many TA "members" who have only one review (the one for Crackpot Kitchen) so it looks a little strange...any thoughts?

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,646 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

Fake review galore. And for the owner to come out and deny it on the first negative review is quite comical. Some of the reviews are so fake they are actually funny (from the same user). Not that I care that much except that I had Crackpot on my radar but this sort of turned me off because it shows insecurity and lack of patience. Too bad they chose that route

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
111 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

aaah...that was my feeling...too bad indeed!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
32 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

I noticed this, too. The snarky comment from the owner sealed the deal for me to NOT go there!!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
2,187 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

We were on island when they had their soft opening (the night before we left.) We were unable to attend, however heard many good things from others that did attend. I am looking forward to dining at the Crackpot Kitchen next visit.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,646 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

FWIW, heard nothing but good things

Level Contributor
172 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

I don't understand how TA ranks restaurants... How can a new restaurant with under 50(?) reviews be ranked higher than one with over 1000. Use your common sense here people!! I have dined at Coco Bistro over 15 times, even had our rehearsal dinner here for our wedding. In all those times, not 1 issue. 100% perfection. With that being said, next trip I will try Crackpot Kitchen, and also will write a review based on my experience there. (still sad that Lemon is no longer there)...

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
11,646 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

The number of reviews is in fact a big part of the ranking algorithm. But when the reviews are universally positive such as the case here than there's just so much it can do

With that said, anyone who follows TA rankings especially in big cities like NYC does a great disservice to themselves

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

Personally, I don't read or followed the TA "rankings." Got burned once...never again.

IMO, the forum is your best source.

Level Contributor
172 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

Thanks for the explanation Ziggy. I'll just follow what my taste buds tell me! 😊

Boston
Level Contributor
238 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Crackpot Kitchen?

We were planning to try Crackpot when we're there over Christmas but once I noticed all the "fake" reviews it was a complete turn-off.