We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon in Provo

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Portland, Maine
Level Contributor
32 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon in Provo

Looking for accommodations in mid May 2014 for a week.. First visit to T & C. Too many choices! Everyone seem to say stay on Grace Bay the first visit. OK. I did think The Yacht Club would be perfect, but am getting swayed to Grace Bay beach area instead. Want this trip to be really special and memorable. I want to be WOWed on a budget. Here goes. Looking for a 1 bedroom with KING, prefer a closing door between living area and bedroom. Like a balcony as we prefer upper floor units. Want at least a partial view of something other then other buildings and parking lots. We wont be in the room that much. Not too many kids, (leaving ours at home) Like privacy, but don't want to be in the boonies. Like to go to the beach daily, willing to pack the cooler and rough it. Will grocery shop and make a few meals in the room. Like to take a nap in the afternoon and go out for a walk in the evening to nightlife. Enjoy snorkeling, we have our own gear. Interested in boating excursions. We are independent travelers and well traveled. Budget $200-300 a night. Not sure if I should use local reservation service or VRBO. Any help would be greatly appreciated! THANKS!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,949 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon in Provo

Congratulations on your marriage and blended family. Contact Santa Val @ Turks and Caicos Reversations on Provo. He can do wonders to your budget since you are going outside of the "High" season sans children in mid-May. You are correct to be swayed(drawn) to Grace Bay Beach area by the Turquiose side of the Force. DR. JIM

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
885 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon in Provo

My wife and I were widowed from previous marriages, found each other and married two years ago, and honeymooned on Grace Bay at the Alexandra and loved it. I had been there before and we both knew that the beauty of the beach and water and the off season, quiet environment would be exactly what we were looking for. I suggested a massage at the Regent Palm spa, which is world class, and we took a snorkel tour with Caicos Dream tours. We balanced our days out with time at the beach, pool, and bight beach snorkeling off the shore. We worked in several great restaurants on the island, and it was a memorable honeymoon. Congrats, and enjoy. We found a package through USAIR for our trip.

Massillon, Ohio
10 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon in Provo

My wife and I stayed at the yacht club may '13 and really enjoyed it. Very nice condo, pictures in the vrbo listing(449239) are legit, the pool was awesome. We paid around 800 for a 7 night stay (first floor) so its well within budget to spend more money on other activities. We did pack up the rental car and cooler just about every day to go to grace bay beach but it was only a few minutes drive and we would have gotten a car anyway to see other parts of the island (long bay, taylor bay).

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon in Provo

Val, Susan, or Sonya can take care of all your needs at www.turksandcaicosreservatons.com I'm thinking of a quiet place on Grace Bay like Point Grace or Beach House would be perfect. Give TCR a call. Congratulations.

Edited: 01 February 2014, 11:09
5. Re: Honeymoon in Provo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 February 2015, 05:18