We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat rental

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Tennessee
Level Contributor
73 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Boat rental

Is there a marina where you can rent your own boat on grace bay....we usually rent a boat for ourselves not with a guide. We are just looking for a small boat like a center console.....

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,156 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat rental

Ultra expensive. (just a guess, but around $2000 half a day)

Can't really park it on Grace Bay anywhere, and if you go up the Cays, you really need to know the waters, as it's really shallow.

There used to be skiffs that did well, but he sold his business, don't know if new owners are still renting them.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat rental

The old skiffs that Mike used to rent out are no more :( but you can try these;

http://www.tcimall.tc/sunandfun/

probably the closet you'll get to a no-captain-boat-charter.

you REALLY need to know the waters here so I'd advise a boat charter WITH captain so you get to see all the best places and safely too!

Providenciales, TCI
Level Contributor
300 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat rental

From time to time, I have seen boats (rented and chartered) in places waiting for high tide in order to get out of their predicament. Yes, you really need to know the waters in TCI.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,275 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat rental

I just found about this boat rental thing 3 weeks ago when I hired a local captain(who knows the tides & waters) with his own boat & mate to navigate the shallows & underwater areas I know nothing about. Cost $900 with $200 tip for 4 hours. It was a safe, worry free tour of the non-Provo Cays & beaches the 2 of us always wanted to experience by ourselves. DR. JIM

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat rental

I've been boating around the cays for over 8 yrs and been from West Caicos to East Caicos and every Cay in between - and yes, LOTS of boats do get in trouble -

for maximum enjoyment, hire a captain and relax with a cold beer and enjoy the scenery!

6. Re: Boat rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2014, 06:20