We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

North&Middle Caicos schedule & info

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York
Level Contributor
653 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
North&Middle Caicos schedule & info

How can we find the current ferry schedule to North Caicos?

How do we go about renting a car there?

What is a good itinerary for North & Middle Caicos?

What time does the ferry return back to Provo?

Thank you so much!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,398 posts
371 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: North&Middle Caicos schedule & info

Here's the ferry schedule.

caribbean-cruisin.com/tciferry-turks-and-cai…

You can rent a car from the Pelican Beach hotel.

http://www.pelicanbeach.tc/contact.php

It's a great day trip.

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: North&Middle Caicos schedule & info

Always best drive to the furthest point first (ie lorimers) then head back, seeing the sights on the way - I know of too many people who get distracted on the way thru North and have a mad rush back to get the ferry at the end of the day!!

Middle Caicos
Level Contributor
764 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: North&Middle Caicos schedule & info

You can also search these forums for previous threads answering many questions about Middle Caicos and North Caicos. You can likewise check out my Middle Caicos Facebook page or Twitter account.

New York
Level Contributor
653 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: North&Middle Caicos schedule & info

Thank you, all, for such helpful comments. What would I do without TA input to every vacation I take. (I also try to give back!).

Love to you all!

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
10,323 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: North&Middle Caicos schedule & info

Here's our last August North/Middle Caicos Daytripper report what to expect and give you some ideas---- We did our 2nd Daytripper(1st was Salt Cay) to North/Middle Caicos. Took the 1st early morning ferry over for the extra head start to see it all. Cost was $50/ea for 3 of us and $30/ea for 2 little children. They consider an adult fare @ 10 yrs. or older? So it was $210 total for the ferry. Vehicle rental was the usual $75/day. Got there(North Caicos marina) @ 7am to get the jump and long ride to the farthest point to "Wild Cow Run" @ the Northeastern portion of Middle Caicos. Not too many people go here because of it's isolated location, but definitely worth the drive. The causeway was repaired since our last trip here in August 2012. About 60 people live in the village of Lorimers where "Wild Cow Run" and Haulover Plantation Ruins are. This was our 2nd time coming to the beach and the first time for the old Plantation site. Next was going to Bambarra Beach to walk out the sandbar @ low tide to Pelican Cay about 1/2 mile from Middle Caicos shore. This is why we chose to go on the 1st ferry of the day to see this which takes about 2 hours. If you decide to sleep in and get to North Caicos on the 2nd ferry, it's about 10am and you can not take all the 2 Islands in by 5pm for the last ferry back to Provo. This is our pack it and see it all Daytripper. Then we do the number 1 highlight of seeing Mudjin Harbour @ Blue Horizon Resort. Where the huge Conch Bar(not that kind of bar) is located on the North shore. There is a sandbar that lets you walkout to Dragon Cay(because it looks like a dragon) @ low tide. One thing that amazes me about this is that the ocean waters(waves) come from both sides of the sandbar to meet together. This you have to experience yourself. I have never seen anything like this how the waves converge together. This is a good place for lunch because Mudjin Bar & Grill is newly opened since last year when we were here. There is also the hidden stone passage to the secret beach area that remains to be discovered by some visitors. Words out now on this! Plan to spend 2 -3 hours here with lunch(Mudjin Harbour). The last issue of Caribbean magazine had this scenic view of the beach on it's cover. We went back over the greatly improved causeway to North Caicos and drove around the Bottle Creek area. Then drove on the main road to Whitby area to see the abandoned St. Charles Resort. We could have bought a 2 bedroom condo here back in 2008 for $630,000. Glad we didn't. It's closed just sitting there. Horsestable Beach was next. This holds some memories to DR. VICKI & I because we came here back in 1996 on our honeymoon and haven't been back until today. Flamingo Pond had 3 different groups of Flamingos doing what Flamingos do, but you need binoculars to see them from the outlook. We shared the glasses between the 5 of us. While we were there for about 15 minutes, 2 of the Flamingo groups took flight. Beautiful pink birds in the 100's taking off together in the air. What a sight! The wind and water allowed Fish Girl(tween daughter) & I to snorkel @ Three Marys Cays for about 30 minutes. Last time, it was just to windy and choppy water to even attempt it safely. Last thing on this packed Daytripper was to go to the village of KEW. For it has the only 5 road intersection in the country. Amazing to see where the 5 roads lead you to. Close to going back to the marina if you have time is to go around the area to see some nice houses on the coast shores and a huge, but only a couple of houses built in a large development that didn't take off with the streets lined with lights and trees. Going over the bridge you expect to see 100's of houses, but mostly under developed, vacant lots. Got back to the marina for the last ferry of the day back to Provo and got the boat with triple 250hp engines cranking it back in 18 minutes, highballing @ 45+ knots. DR. JIM

New York
Level Contributor
653 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: North&Middle Caicos schedule & info

Thank you for the generosity of your reply!!

7. Re: North&Middle Caicos schedule & info

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 December 2014, 05:18