We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

distance from airport to the sands hotel and private transfe

Leeds, United...
1 post
Save Topic
distance from airport to the sands hotel and private transfe

does anyone know how far it is from airport to sands hotel and approximate cost of private transfer

Lubbock, Texas
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: distance from airport to the sands hotel and private transfe

I'm not sure of the actual distance; maybe a 10-15 minute ride; it always takes longer than you think as we are so anxious to get there!! I copy/pasted the following regarding taxi rates from a post yesterday: The published rate from July 1, 2013 is $40 for the first two people, $20 for each person thereafter. I am not sure about "private transfer"......Kalvin @ K's Taxi: 649-241-3576 OR Majestic Taxi would be my suggestion.

Enjoy your trip!!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,544 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: distance from airport to the sands hotel and private transfe

Majority of transfers are on taxi, and cost more than rental car. Your cheapest alternative is by taxi when you get there (or pre-arranfpge with Majestic if not taken already ) Private transfers cost between $150-$200

Overall to get around, ask majestic if they can be your taxi to call, they may give you better prices. But to get to better restaurants, explore, etc, sooner or later the add up is much cheaper for rental car

Taxi drivers have a lot of power on island.......

walpole, ma
Level Contributor
189 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: distance from airport to the sands hotel and private transfe

we always use wayne outten. i email him with my flight number and where we need to go and he'll tell you how much for however many people. when you get to the airport the taxi stand will call him and he will take you where you want to go. really nice guy. his email is anthonyoutten@hotmail.com i highly recommend him

4. Re: distance from airport to the sands hotel and private transfe

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 December 2014, 05:19