We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Medical facility?

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Medical facility?

By chance does anyone have recommendations for a medical facility? We have a toddler who just had her first ER experience and it got me thinking about our upcoming trip to Provo. Hoping nothing arrises, but it'd be nice to have a recommendation just in case. Not sure it it matters, but we are renting a private home on Sapodilla Bay. We will have a car (Grace Bay Car Rentals) so transportation isn't an issue. Thanks so much!

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Medical facility?

http://www.doctor.tc/

http://www.interhealthcanada.tc/

Local doctors and the hospital details (Doctor will refer you to hospital if needed)

dial 911 or 999 for emergency (but be prepared to drive yourself there )

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Medical facility?

Cheshire Hall Medical Centre is the state-of-the-art medical 2 story facilitiy(Hospital) on Provo. Both DR. VICKI & I toured the 20+ bed hospital in August 2012. It was built about 5 years ago. DR. JIM

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Medical facility?

it SHOULD be state-of-the-art....

it cost $200 million for 20 beds!! and costs us all a fortune every month to pay for it! :(

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
73 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Medical facility?

Fantastic! Thank you so much. Hoping to not spend time in the $200 million hospital, but glad to know it's there should the occasion present itself. Again, thank you.

California
Level Contributor
5 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Medical facility?

There are two very modern hospitals in the Turks and Caicos Islands, one is Cheshire Hall Medical Centre (20 beds) in Providenciales and the other is Cockburn Town Medical Centre (10 beds) in Grand Turk. Both were built in 2010 and are reportedly among the nicest hospitals in the Caribbean. Both hospitals have active 7/24 emergency departments, obstetric services, surgical services, pediatricians on staff and also each hospital has a dialysis unit. The care is very good and they have excellent access to overseas transport if evacuation off the island is necessary.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Medical facility?

I highly recommend Dr. Bourne and Dr. medzies, both excellent! (similar to a walk in clinic such as Patients First where you leave with the drugs and is reasonable)

Doctor.tc

PS I've had them do house calls before if needed! Or open at 11 pm for emergencies

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
10,689 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Medical facility?

Blamona, I know what you'd meant about leaving with the drugs. It's very funny to both DR. VICKI & I though. DR. JIM

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,227 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Medical facility?

It beats going to pharmacy, especially if visit is after hours. Reasonable too. Most of the time you can also submit when return to States and get riemburced

maryland
Level Contributor
4,788 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Medical facility?

Blamona, thanks for the link, I have bookmarked it on my phone. Just in case, you never know.

Ithaca, New York
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Medical facility?

are ambulances availible if transport is needed?