We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

Hello!

My girlfriend and I will be visiting Turks and Caicos January 25-27 for my birthday and we will be flying in to PLS at around 11am. We are looking for a beachfront hotel for no more that $375. I have looked at the sands, villa del mar, and west bay club. They looked mediocre and for the money I expected a little more but I realized it is high season. Any other hotel suggestions? Also what is there to do as far as excursions or things to see? Should I rent a car, scooter, etc? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,692 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

Look mediocre for the money? Try to find same caliber in a beach in north Carolina for that in peak season, not even close.

Sorry if I sound harsh, compared to other resorts in Caribbean and especially for the money, your choices are excellent.

Only 2 nights will give you 1 full day, yikes! It is quick

Try Sands, Alexandra or Royal West Indies. At Sands avoid courtyard rooms, go up a notch to garden view.

Royal west indies might give best bang for the buck. Usually specials require 1 or 2 more nights, so you're out of luck in that respect.

No way you can extend a day or 2? Especially to justify the airline expense?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

Are you talking about less than $200 a night at peak season? On he beach? In the T&C? Good luck finding that. I can hardly get a decent hotel room in Charlotte for that amount. Or, do you mean $375 per night? Still difficult to find.

You might also look at Ocean Club Resorts.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 05:33
Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

Sorry. I didn't clarify. $375/night.

I wish I could extend the stay ha. Thank you for those hotel suggestions.

Edited: 06 January 2014, 06:13
Ottawa
Level Contributor
668 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

West Bay Club will likely be the nicest choice

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,233 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

Some places requires a minimum stay during peak/high season. Some places are already fully booked for rooms in your budget. Call Turks & Caicos Reservations for they would know your options. DR. JIM

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
194 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

We are staying in a private condo from 1/18 to 1/25 at The Alexandra... but... we didn't want to leave on a Saturday b/c of the airport congestion. Instead we are renting two more nights from the resort directly. Certainly try to contact them -- not sure if they did a two night stay b/c we are already staying there or what, but check them out.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

I have found many hotels from all of your suggestions thank you all. Should I rent a car since I am going for basically 2 full days only? What else is there to see on the island besides Grace Bay where the hotels are?

Jacksonville, North...
Level Contributor
12 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

We are planning a 6 day 5 night trip around the same time. I think after reading many of the forum topics you'll find this place is extremely popular and has many repeat vacationers because it is a great place to relax. A quick 2 day trip may make it difficult to relax at the beach especially when juggling check in and check out and airport hassles. Too bad you can extend your stay.

Charlotte, North...
Level Contributor
8 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

Yeah its a bummer I cant stay longer. Im sure I'll be returning after what I've heard! I can't decide between West Bay Club, The Sands, and Alexandra. They seem pretty much equal in terms of value and they are all on the beach. Any pros and cons for any of them?

10. Re: Quick trip to Turk and Caicos

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 January 2015, 07:20