We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Houston
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

Hi, We have narrowed down our lodging for our group of 4 to two bedroom units at the Venetian or Villa Renaissance. Any input on which is a nicer property? We like Villa R's proximity to restaurants and grocery, but I recently read there was a crane next door. Any info on that? Also, the Venetian is a bit more expensive (only about $500 total). Would love input on making our selection. Also, any dive shop recs? Thanks a bunch!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,101 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

Both are gorgeous

vR closer to shops and restaurants, V rooms have amazing views, nicer stretch of beach

Dive shops Caicos Adventures. For diving I really like Flamingos

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,297 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

Both nice properties, the trade off would be beautiful isolated beach walks vs access to everything within walking. It would be necessary to drive to everything from The Venetian with the exception of Cabana Bar & Grill, Opus, Rickies Flamingo Cafe and Provo Golf Club. Villa Renaissance is within walking of about 20 restaurants, shopping, art galleries, Caicos Adventures for diving and groceries (if you are not carrying too much). It is located between The Regent Grand, The Mansions and my office. I have not seen this crane and certainly not heard it. If they are taking core samples for the Marriott project that would be two lots east of Regent Grand not next to Villa Renaissance.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,557 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

The crane was there mid December. Renovations including major roof work on one of the mansions. Its not exactly next door to VR and will be hardly noticeable so I wouldn't make any decisions based on that

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

Good points from all previous posters. We have stayed at VR and really loved the location...so many nice dining options nearby and you don't have to worry about a designated driver.

But the beach in front of the Venetian is outstanding, and they have those wonderful screened-in balconies which are terrific to have if you are a bug magnet like me. So, I would say if you want a more central location VR can't be beat. If you want a more "laid back" quiet location then the Venetian would get my vote.

Both are great properties and you will be very happy at either I'm sure.

Have a great trip!

Houston
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

Thank you all for the input. It is exactly the information I was looking for, and it sounds like we have two outstanding properties from which to choose. Is the beach at Villa R. "crowded" per se? I don't know that isolation is what we are looking for, but it also definitely is not crowds and fighting over chairs etc.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,944 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

They both have their attraction and it's kind of a toss up but you come to Provo to see and experience Grace Bay? Whichever one can provide you the best Oceanfront upper floor balcony view closest to the water is the one I would go with. Ask for it and they will inform you if it's available to you? If I can't really see, hear and smell that Ocean water from where I am staying, then I will pay extra to have that criteria met. DR. JIM

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

No you don't have to worry about crowds on the beach in front of VR. It's a bit more narrow then other sections of the beach but still very peaceful. When my husband and I would walk down the walkway when we stayed there and first saw that bit of oceanview I would say to myself, "This is what heaven must look like"....

Click on this link tomorrow to see a view of the beach in front of VR. Click on the view that says "Grace Bay West"...first you will see the umbrellas of Regent Grand (dark blue) and then past them the light blue umbrellas of VR....wish I was there now! :-)

http://www.theregentgrandresort.com/web-cam

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

" I don't know that isolation is what we are looking for, but it also definitely is not crowds and fighting over chairs etc."

My wife and I had a fantastic week at VR last spring. You certainly don't have to worry about not being able to get a chair on the beach there.

In the rare event that those already set up were occupied (and this was during Easter week), the staff was eager to set up a new set of chairs and umbrella for us.

Houston
Level Contributor
128 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

Thank you all for the help. Last time we visited, we stayed on the quieter end of the beach and have decided to go with Villa Renaissance this time. We like the proximity to the stores and restaurants as well the price being less than Venetian. We are renting a unit directly from the resort, but through VRBO and have gotten a great rate. No one has reviewed the unit itself, #305, so I'll return after our trip in Feb. and update with our experience. Thanks again! Now on to planning our diving and restaurant selections!

Atlanta
Level Contributor
169 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Villa Renaissance vs. Venetian

wife and I stayed in this unit-you will be very happy!!!