We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Abuv It All

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Wolcott, Connecticut
Level Contributor
714 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Abuv It All

Is he still in business? We rented a boat from him 2 years ago, did not make it to Provo last year do to an illness in the family.. I thought I read somewhere that he was no longer in business. We are coming down the end of February and would like to rent a boat again.

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Abuv It All

Mike retired and no more skiff rentals. ;.(

Wolcott, Connecticut
Level Contributor
714 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Abuv It All

From your answer I guess no one else rents boats like Mike did.........

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,697 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Abuv It All

This past fall a nice young man still rented water sports equipment at the same beach stand (just not skiffs).

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
3,289 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Abuv It All

It is a shame as he had a good thing going there, none that I am aware of have picked up on the idea. There are boat rentals around. Sun and Fun out of Caicos Marina and Ocean Outback on the south side have boats they rent, possibly Grand Slam as well.

Wolcott, Connecticut
Level Contributor
714 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Abuv It All

Thanks WWH and Ajax.......maybe a future career renting skiffs. :)

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
9,759 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Abuv It All

Abuv It All was an amazing budget cost($160 plus gas) o f renting a small boat for 4 hours to go along the shoreline of the outer Cays and beaches up to Dellis Cay. Last time was August 2012 and shortly after, permanent retirement of the 2 outboard motor boats. We rented a larger boat for 4 hours about 6 weeks ago and it was $900 for a private charter with captain and mate to see the beautiful beaches we wanted to see without any people on the beach where we went. A lot more, but I don't know the underwater reefs, bottom, low tide spots, etc. I assume you are looking for a motorized boat to operate yourself? My best estimate would be they probably run about $175 an hour? DR. JIM

Wolcott, Connecticut
Level Contributor
714 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Abuv It All

Thanks for the info....

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Abuv It All

"Mike retired and no more skiff rentals. ;.("

Has greatly diminished the island experience. A shame no one else has picked up that niche market. If I were a bit younger I'd consider the entrepreneurial opportunity.

Captain Bill (Outback Adventure) offers skiff rental for the south shore, but the loss of easy access to the Cays is painful.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 08:08
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
176 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Abuv It All

""Mike retired and no more skiff rentals. ;.("

I'd consider investing in someone who has the savvy to pick up the service.

Edited: 03 March 2014, 08:11
10. Re: Abuv It All

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2015, 05:17