We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from the Airport to Sands

Indianapolis...
Level Contributor
736 posts
91 reviews
Save Topic
Getting from the Airport to Sands

Hey just wanted to check and see if we should be on the lookout for anyone at the airport that directs us how to get to the sands, or if we should just go out and find a cab? Last time when we stayed at SS we thought we just grabbed a cab, but it turns out we were supposed find the SS rep. Does Sands have something similar?

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,815 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

No, the Sands does not have a rep at the airport. As you turn into the tunnel an airport guy/gal will ask where you are going and direct you to the end of the tunnel where another airport guy/gal will get a taxi for you.

This is not necessary, however, we book with www.majestictaxiandtours.com Pre booking a pick up is a no brainer.

Canandaigua, New...
Level Contributor
7,424 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

There are always taxis lined up to take guests to their resorts when incoming flights are scheduled.

Or...arrange for a car rental company to meet you at the airport with a car.....that's what we do and turn the car back in for pickup at your resort if you do not plan to use it all week.

Just another option.

Mike

new jersey
Level Contributor
87 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

We stayed at the Sands in December and hopped in a cab to the resort. There were other people in the cab (mini van), but we were the first stop.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

If you make arrangement to get a rental car for a day or two, you can take advantage of it by doing your grocery shopping by yourself and not have to use the shuttle at the Sands to take you shopping. The rental agency will pick it up from the Sands.

Boston...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

Is the shuttle free provided by Sands? If not how much per person each way?

Boston...
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

Is the shuttle free provided by Sands? If not how much per person each way?

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

I did the little research for you to answer this question and the reality is that what they provide is simply a taxi service to the grocery store. You still had to pay the same as if you called a taxi yourself. You can walk to the grocery. I don't know exactly how far it is, but it is a walkable distance, however if you have more than two bags in each arm, you will get tired in a hurry. And forget about getting any beer if you have to carry it.:-)

If a rental car will cost you $50 for a 24 hour rental, where you pick it up at the airport and the company retrieves it from the Sands, allowing you time to shop around for anything you need, I would personally opt for the car. But I have rented at the airport and driven around Provo and I feel comfortable doing that. If you don't want to do it that way, for whatever reason, then your option to take a taxi to the Sands and then call another taxi when you are ready to supply your condo. Maybe it wouldn't be a signifcant savings to go the rental car route and a bigger hassle than it is worth, to you.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 21:54
Mountainside, New...
Level Contributor
234 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

This is all very helpful. Does anyone know how much a taxi is from airport to Villa del Mar for 2 adults and a baby?

Thanks

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

We booked Majestic Taxi ( who are awesome) and our fare to VDM for two adults was $36.00. This also included a free stop at IGA and the Wine Cellar.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,725 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Getting from the Airport to Sands

Unless the rates have changed since I was there in 2012, I was told it was $15 per person (they might charge less for infants). Because I had 4 kids arriving on two separate flights, it convinced me just to rent a car. Best decision of the week. The drive to the Sands was easy - my 11 year old daughter read the map by following the red line that the car rental agent drew on the map and we got there without a hitch in 15 minutes or so. I mastered the art of driving on the wrong side of the road while sitting on the wrong side of the car in that same amount of time. :-)

The local IGA, which is across the street from the Seven Stars Resort, is probably about a 30 minute, flat walk from the Sands.