We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches questions!

Southwestern...
9 posts
Save Topic
Beaches questions!

Good morning, we are so excited to be heading to the Beaches resort in Turks and Caicos! I have a couple of questions...

1. Do the rooms have DVD players? We are a family of six travelling - showers/bathing take time in the evening and I like to throw on a movie for the kids to watch (otherwise they start to torture each other!)

2. Are there pails and shovels available for the beach? My little people like to dig and create in the sand.

3. I see the free photography session at Beaches...are the photos hideously expensive??

4. Is there a local conch vendor near the resort that we could safely get to?

Thank you in advance for any advice.

Michelle

Charleston, South...
Level Contributor
978 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches questions!

I don't remember any DVD players in the room. We brought a portable DVD player for the flight so we used that in the room.

Sometimes people leave pails and floats. We brought floats, sand toys, etc since they are pricey in the gift shop!

The photo session is free and the pictures are about $165 for a cd with 10-12 pictures.

We saw one person selling conch shells on the beach and he was asking $50, IMO that was way too $$!! In sure you can get one elsewhere for a lot less!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,765 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches questions!

1-3 see above reply

4 it's a relatively safe island. For $50 you can rent a car for the day, explore, and buy a $10 shell!

You can get them during excursions. Although Beaches Ktty Kat gies to same places, you'll get one with Caicos Dream .tours or .island .vibes excursions

You can also get them at Bugaloos, Da Conch Shack, and along Blue Hills.

Toronto
Level Contributor
555 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beaches questions!

When we last went we took down a pail set along with a garden hand shovel, not the cheap plastic ones that come with the set but a hard plastic one you can dig earth with (from the garden center). You can dig some deep holes. I still have the pic of my son in the crater I dug :)

Southwestern...
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beaches questions!

Thanks for the replies! Appreciate your input...

5. Re: Beaches questions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 January 2015, 05:18