We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

recommendations (autistic child)

westbury, ny
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
recommendations (autistic child)

Hi. Family of 5 looking to rent a private villa/cottage/house on the beach (with a private pool). We have a small child who is autistic and does not like noise or crowds and honestly, she can be quite noisy herself so we don't want to disturb others. Can anyone recommend a place? Preferably under $2800. for a week. Thanks in advance

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: recommendations (autistic child)

What time of year? Budget makes a difference

For a private villa ON the beach with private (not shared pool) usually runs $8000-$30,000 a week.

If you don't mind being at least 2 blocks, then prices are closer to your range.

You can either go to vrbo or Flipkey, and use "filters" for price range for 3 bedroom

westbury, ny
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: recommendations (autistic child)

Sorry. I should have mentioned we are planning to go in the summer.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: recommendations (autistic child)

$8000 on the beach is summer rates!

westbury, ny
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: recommendations (autistic child)

Okay. Well I have seen some for that rate. I'm asking if anyone has a personal recommendation.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: recommendations (autistic child)

Sorry I'm confused!

Recs a couple of blocks from the beach in your original budget, or on the beach around $8000?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: recommendations (autistic child)

You'll have to stretch your budget, but you can stay on Grace Bay near snorkelling at Villa Camilla. It 's a 3 bedroom villa with pool for $3900 for your time period. VRBO # 291341.

Other than that, a villa within your price range will have to be within walking distance to beach, not on the beach.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,304 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: recommendations (autistic child)

I love villa Camilla, one of my favorites. A couple of things about it though that may affect OP:

There are extra guest houses on property that may be rented at the time (they don't share the pool, but do share the property)

They do not take children under 5 years old because of second story railing and decking (don't know how old your kids are)

Views of beach are from second floor. Although technically beachfront and they own the property leading ip to it, it does sit back from the beach.

I think it's an amazing value for a terrific villa, but don't thi it addresses what the OP is trying to achieve. (I could be wrong, but thout I'd bring up those points)

Again, will you increase your budget or not be on the beach?

Aother thing to consider, very few villas in the hub (and those go for top dollar) which makes 90% of villas on island require cars to get around to supermarket, shops and restaurants. Didn't know if that was part of your budget

Sherwood Park...
Level Contributor
193 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: recommendations (autistic child)

There are quite a few private villas on long bay beach, much quieter, we didnt stay in any but looked at a few, I think youd be happy there:)

9. Re: recommendations (autistic child)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 January 2015, 06:37