We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Topic
How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

My wife and I are in need of a romantic honeymoon. We are hoping to find a resort which offers a nice clean and somewhat romantic room. We are interested in a great beach with calm clear water. Does anyone know if this resort offers drink service on the beach itself, or only by the pool?

we are not interested in traveling much off the resort so we are hoping the food here is very good and there may be more than one option, can anyone rate the food for us please?

as this is a honeymoon we would hope to have great staff and an easy transport to and from the airport, can anyone tell us if that is true about the Alexandra Resort please?

thank you

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

Mango Reef is a very good and popular restaurant. not sure about beach drink service. You'll have plenty more choices nearby.

For us, the easiest airport transfer is a rental car. Otherwise, you'll need a taxi. No problem with either.

Can't tell you about staff.

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

Is Mango Reef in or next to the Alexandra Resort?

Bedford...
Level Contributor
164 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

Mango Reef is on the Alexandra Resort property down by the beach.

I am headed to the Alex on Saturday, first time staying there. I did read in another thread they do have beach bar/food service.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,719 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

I have always advocated on this forum that the Alexandra has a romantic vibe to it. But we just experienced a very nice stay(sans children) @ Pointe Grace a couple months ago. Now the upper floor Oceantfront(2BR) suites are not cheap, but I was able to negotiate a super great rate for the 5 nights we stayed(1/2 off) @ Pointe Grace. Mango Reef is right on the premises(Beachfront) of the Alexandra. You can even dine on the sand(of course there's a table). Alexandra--4 kisses. Pointe Grace--5 kisses. DR. JIM

North Salem, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

As you know, Hon, I agree with DR JIM that Point Grace is sooooo romantic and you don't have to get oceanfront - we had an upper Cottage Suite and had a beautiful view of Grace Bay from our veranda.

As for the Alex, I can't speak for the rooms as we've never stayed there. But, for dining, Mango Reef is one of the more popular restaurants on Grace Bay and, like the OP said, you can dine feet in sand. We also love Bay Bistro, which is convenient to both the Alex and PG - it is in Sibonne, between the Somerset and The Sands resorts. I believe there is going to be a new restaurant opening at the Somerset; right now, I believe they are only serving breakfast and lunch. Regent Palms has Parallel 23, which is in the Regent Palms (right next door to the Alex) is over the top (we went once but were a little uncomfortable with the level of service - it was too much!). There is also Somewhere (Mexican), which is down the beach at either Coral Gardens or the Reefs - can't remember - a bit of a walk , but not too bad. And Hemingways is at The Sands - nice and casual.

Hope this helps.

sarnia,ontario...
Level Contributor
70 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

We are staying at the Alexandra right now, and yes there is beach service for drinks and food!! It's been very quiet and relaxing on the beach and never any problem getting chairs etc. The staff at the Alexandra is amazing! Highly recommend staying here:)

Fairfax, Virginia
Level Contributor
944 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

I'd suggest Point Grace over Alexandra if price isn't a concern. It's a lot more romantic and the restaurant there while not ocean front is very romantic as well with very good food. I've had good and bad meals at Alexandra. It's good for breakfast and lunch but there are better choices for dinner, imho, such as Bay Bistro, Mr. Grouper's, and Parallel 23 has been good in the past, all within walking distance.

We honeymooned at Alexandra, and enjoyed it very much, but opted for other restaurants for the most part. Don't forget Coco Bistro.

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
207 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

Schenley and Miterson will be patrolling the beach at the Alex -- if you so much as raise you arm even a little, they will be at your side asking for your drink order.

The food at Mango Reef is good to excellent depending on your order. The real gem are the people that work there as they will make you feel as though you're family!

In terms of not travelling off the resort much -- you could walk one way down the beach to Somewhere (15 min walk), and walk the other way to Bay Bistro (10 min walk); not to mention cabbing it to any of the other restaurants that are a 5 minute cab ride away. Of course, you could eat at the resort quite a bit as the menu is extensive (the largest we have come across in TCI)

The Alex is easy to get to and in a central location. It is a good price point for TCI but not over the top. It you want major luxury and pampering it is not that, but rather it is a clean resort with beatiful grounds and plays up the best attributes it has...

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

Agent6256, we would love to stay at Point Grace.

Would you be so kind as to share an email address/phone number and the name of the person you spoke with so I might also be able to negotiate a rate please?

Thank you

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: How does Alexandra Resort rank for a honeymoon?

Clamback (or anyone that can help), what are the costs for drinks and for food? We are looking for nicer resteraunts. But in order to pay for this honeymoon I need an overall budget and have no idea how to budget for food/drink

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales