We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Topic
Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

If you are familiar with Grace Bay Club can you tell me what is the luxury, service and cleanliness level of the resort like. Sometimes it's so hard to tell with mixed reviews and I am not getting the best communication from them when I ask questions. Also didn't like the fact that their responses to reviews all seemed very generic.

For the kind of prices they are quoting I want to make sure we have absolutely the best experience, coolest pool, super nice beach area, and impeccable service in a room with an amazing view, etc.

Wanted to see if anyone has photos of the spa or gym here too as I don't see those on the website. Also seems like another red flag for me that I just can't shake. Looking for a true luxury spa experience and a nice gym too is a plus.

ps- if anyone has any other recommendations, please let me know. We like Regent Club but may want more of a full service resort with bars and restaurants. I like Gansevoort and Windsong but they seem too far away from the main hub. Seven Stars looks good too, but I worry about the service level there and it seems unusually big for the setting.

Thanks much in advance for the assistance! This is our first time on this island.

Northern Virginia...
Level Contributor
348 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

Should add that we are celebrating our 10th anniversary and traveling without our three kids, so adults only atmosphere is a plus!

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
35 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

We are in the exact same boat in that we will be celebrating our 10th anniversary, will be leaving our 3 young kids at home, and are torn between hotel choices (GBC and Gansevoort are are top 2 choices). I posted the other day to get feedback about the two hotels--see the link below; the feedback may be helpful to you as well. I posed a few follow up questions today so Im hoping to get more responses. Like you, one of my concerns about the GBC is that the reviews are mixed--especially in regard to people's experiences with the service (it's either wonderful or non-existent) and the quality of the rooms (some rave about the rooms while others post that their room is dated, etc.) The mixed reviews about the room quality may have to do with where the room is located (hotel section vs estates vs villas?) but Im not sure... hopefully others can shed light on this. Interested to hear what others have to say. Thanks!

tripadvisor.com/…56242550

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

Regarding service levels, you are not going to find "Ritz Carlton - like" service at any resort along Grace Bay, much less most of the Caribbean. No one stands over guests, at attention, awaiting their next command. It's not that kind of place.

People there are warm, friendly and helpful. As they say, "Give a smile, get a smile." :) However, if you arrive expecting the entire island to acknowledge and praise your presence, you'll be disappointed.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,007 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

You are coming to T&C for your sans children 10th Anniversary, so enjoy your time together(just the 2 of you to re-connect) without any constraints/stress/pressures of everyday life. There is no resort that can fulfill all of your expectations. The #1 reason to come here is the famed Grace Bay beach area. That being, I would stay @ Pointe Grace--which we did sans our 3 young daughters(we ditched them) a couple of months ago. Boutique, romantic, Oceanfront on Gracie, quiet, mature couples kind of resort. DR. VICKI & I give it 5 hugs&kisses. DR. JIM

Rochester, New York
Level Contributor
257 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

We stayed at GBC a few years ago and it was very nice (Estates section). We are returning there this July. BUT....you will not feel pampered. It's not that kind of place. I think the only place that would come close would be Amanyara, but it's pricey and at the far end of the island (think it's at least 20 minute drive to restaurants "in town." The middle section of GBC is adults only, but the rooms are newer at Estates section, which also has an additional pool that only ES people can use. But ES can use the adults only pool too. And you may want to: when we were there, a family with many teenagers and their friends commandeered the ES pool and acted slightly obnoxious and entitled so we often had to go elsewhere. The beach is fantastic and it is walking distance to many great restaurants. The infinity bar is an amazing way to begin or end each night and the breakfast restaurant is fantastic. But you will wait for someone to take your order....and for food...and for the check. Once you get over it and get in full vacation mode...it won't make a bit of difference. You could head to Parrot Cay (we are doing another split between GBC and PC) and you will fare better in terms of service. But honestly....not as much as one would expect.

Ottawa
Level Contributor
106 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

point grace. Hands down

North Salem, New...
Level Contributor
239 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

I agree with BigTraveller and Dr. JIm - Point Grace. Hits all the fine points. Some friends were at Amanyara and, yes, itis gorgeous and the service is top notch for the Caribbean, but you are going to be there pretty much for the duration, because the road in and out of there is like a moonscape. Which is probably why celebs go there, but is that what you need?

8. Re: Question on Grace Bay Club & feedback needed other resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 February 2015, 05:19