We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where can I get Cuban Cigars?

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
366 posts
59 reviews
Save Topic
Where can I get Cuban Cigars?

Where can I get Cuban Cigars and how do I make sure I'm not getting a fake one? I will be staying near Villa Del Mar/Grace Bay Club. What about Cuban Crafters? I know one rolled in Provo is not Cuban but are those good? Also, can I smoke one at a bar or restaurant? Outside and beachside preferred. I would never smoke near people eating.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
556 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Where can I get Cuban Cigars?

Across the street from Saltmills at a store called Mayaa. Nice people and they have a great selection of Cuban cigars.

West Coast
Level Contributor
190 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Where can I get Cuban Cigars?

There are several locations on Grace Bay that sell Cuban cigars.

I like the Cuban Crafters medium Churchills. They are not a Cohiba but are a pleasant smoke while the wife is out shopping. They sell individual cigars as well as boxes, so you can try one or two different makes to see if you like them without making a big commitment.

Most bars and restaurants are open air and you can probably enjoy an after dinner cigar at most bars. I don't know if they still do, but Coyaba had a selection of Cuban cigars available at the restaurant.

Detroit, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
11,200 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Where can I get Cuban Cigars?

Real Cuban Cigars are in Cuba. Outside of Cuba-maybe? Sometimes they claim they are Cuban Cigars, but really are only from Cuban seeds grown in soil outside of Cuba. If I was to pay $30-$50 for that coveted Cuban Cigar, I would want to make sure it is indeed, the genuine smoke from Cuba(planted, grown, cultivated, harvested, properly cured/dried, selected,cut ,rolled, etc)by master tobacconists. Most places in T&C that Cuban Cigar is probably the real thing. Other countries or locations however, I would be leery/cautious? I did enjoy a real Cuban smoke in Cuba about 30 years(early 80's) ago. Sure was a potent, rich favorful smoke at that. I don't smoke, but it was something I had to try with several other traveling companions who were in Cuba with me @ the time. YES, they'd teased me(DR. Green Face) about it. Now as far as places to smoking a cigar in T&C? On the beach--it's public. Any open air(outside)uncovered areas unless there are signs posted on private property stating to the contrary, etc. It's now just a matter of getting the best smoke you can enjoy on the Island. Boy, I think I will be receiving some P.M.s on this one? DR. JIM

Edited: 22 February 2014, 21:48
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
768 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Where can I get Cuban Cigars?

Mayaa in the Regent Village sells genuine Cubans. Cuban Cigar Crafters rolls their own cigars using cuban seed tobacco (not actually cuban cigars) but the cigars there aren't aged long enough, IMO. They aren't stored properly, either.

5. Re: Where can I get Cuban Cigars?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:18