We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sickness

M T
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Topic
Sickness

Did anyone else get sick in Provo this week? My wife did as well as at least half of the other people we spoke with at the hotel.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,547 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sickness

Which hotel? How many is half the people you spoke with?

Nothing is going around, but tell us more

Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sickness

I was pretty sick tonight when I realized the Gray Goose was empty and it is Sunday tomorrow..... :(

seriously though, a little more detail would be nice!!

M T
New York City, New...
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sickness

I beg to differ! There is definitely something going around. We stayed at west bay club. Everyone at the hotel knew about it. Multiple people we spoke to went to or had the doctor come to the hotel. We also heard of other people in other hotels that were sick. Staff at the hotel was great and we still had a great time. Nothing against WBC it could have been any hotel as it may well be

Edited: 23 February 2014, 10:55
Long Island
Level Contributor
2,178 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sickness

good to know and to be informed about - I hadn't heard of anything so hopefully its fairly small and isolated?

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,708 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sickness

I know I've been knocked out for a week, but I'm not there. If someone got on a plane with whatever, I have I can see it spreading, and knocking everyone for a loop. I don't usually get sick, but this was one of the worst illnesses I've ever had. Body aches, fever, fatigue. Planes are the best places to catch something.

Take anti bacterial wipes on the plane, and wipe down everything you think your going to touch. Planes are gross !!!

Exeter, New...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sickness

And before we left NH, stomach flu was going around. So there are germs everywhere, unfortunately paradise is not immune to them. Hand washing with soap, for at least 20 seconds is your best bet to stay healthy. And as I tell my boys, don't out your fingers in your mouth, nose or eyes.

Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,576 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Sickness

Yes, you're right Camke, planes are gross! I always whip out my Lysol wipes first thing and wipe down everything....even the air control button above the seats. Then I keep hand sanitizing like heck every hour. My husband used to think I was crazy but I've make him a believer. I once caught the worst cold of my life after flying to Hawaii and ever since then I have been a germ-a-phobe. There is nothing worse then getting sick on a hard earned vacation, that's for sure!

Edited: 23 February 2014, 21:03
8. Re: Sickness

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 February 2015, 06:18