We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

state college
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

Hey there....once again I'm calling on the wonderful advice from the folks of TA to help me plan my next wonderful Caribbean adventure. Although I think I found my heaven on Earth when my husband and I vacationed (first/not last time) in Provo/Grace Bay last September, I can't help wonder what other paradise I should discover. We loved the Sands for its resort feel while still being cozy/smaller (3 story max) and loved the Marriott in Curacao for the same reasons. Would love to go to another Caribbean island with nice beaches, some beach restaurants (don't have to be fancy), laid-back feel...we aren't into the party scene, so no need for clubs etc. Have been fortunate to have visited the Bahamas, St. Lucia, Bermuda...so a new place would be great.

Any suggestions or should I not mess with a perfect thing and go back to Grace Bay??

Thanks in advance.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,962 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

Turtles Nest condos in Aguilla

Out Islands in Bahamas has a few scattered, but it's really quiet there: (really quiet)

Valentines Resort in Harbour Island

Pineapple in Eleuthera

Cape Santa Maria has some condos in Long Island

Change it up and try Virgin Islands, they're gorgeous and different

state college
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

Thanks blamona...will do more research on Virgin Islands.. I was checking out St. Thomas but couldn't find quite the right resort.

new jersey
Level Contributor
88 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

My husband and I stayed at the Sands in December and loved it! Another favorite of ours is the Bucuti in Aruba. This is an adults only resort. Small, quiet and on a beautiful beach. There are great restaurants in Aruba. Check it out.

state college
Level Contributor
202 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

Thanks jlcNewJersey...doing that right now!

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,848 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

Many Great islands to try all have their own flair.

May I suggest:

Antigua - Blue Waters Resort

St. Kitts - Marriott

Nevis - Four Seasons

Anguilla- Cap Juluca or CuisinArt

St. Lucia - Ladera

St. Martin -La Sammana

St. Thomas-Morning Star Resort (Frenchman's Reef)

Aruba -Weston

Grand Cayman- Grand Hyatt

Ok I know I've left out some others.

Or....pick another resort on Turks or spend some time on one of the other Turks islands

Anyway....Have fun deciding.

Mike

Edited: 19 March 2014, 17:39
NYC
Level Contributor
337 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

Did you look at Secret Harbor on St. Thomas? It's been quite a while since we've been but we loved it there. It doesn't have a long beach but it's very pretty and it has some good snorkeling right from the beach. We loved the Bucuti on Aruba too - great service on the quieter end of the beach.

Edited: 19 March 2014, 18:02
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
85 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

I haven't been to Turks yet. I am going for the first time in May. But I did stay at Bucuti & Tara in Aruba and loved it.

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,962 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

If Virgin Islands, stick to St. john's or Virgin Gorda

Little Dix Bay probably best

Skip St. Thomas

9. Re: Help with similar resort to Sands in Caribbean

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 March 2015, 06:25