We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fottac

Iowa City, Iowa
1 post
Save Topic
Fottac

Although I love Bambara and actually think this is a very cute store, I have been very disappointed in the service at the Fottac store. We have been going there for several years every time we come to the island, and every time the women that work there are very rude to us. They used to make Rum Punch to sample and to also buy, and the last several visits to the store they said they were out and would have more either the next day. When we have returned the next day to purchase some, they tell us maybe next week. It would be one thing if they no longer made it to sell and they just told us they don't do that anymore, but when they say tomorrow, knowing they won't have it tomorrow, its very disappointing. It's not like we are just going in to sample the rum, we want to buy it because we LOVE it. I mean at least tell us how to make it the right way...

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fottac

In the couple times we've visited FOTTAC, we always had a positive experience with the girls who work there. They've always been happy to pour us samples with friendly service. Never saw rum punch though. In December they held a Turks Head T-shirt for me why we went to lunch at LeBouchon. I remember leaving a tip for their efforts.....and that included buying a few bottles of Bambarra too.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fottac

I so agree with the poster. Went to Fotacc with my cup

For a $5 refill. Brought the

Cup

There last year.. Well we walked in a 2 girls could not have been Ruder! " no rum punch here can't get the punch" so I said well then I just have some coconut rum on the rocks don't need the punch" her response was " absolutely not no ice here . Refrigerator is broken." Ok I"ll just take the rum for the$5 and said no. Not doing that either. When will the fridge be running. No idea! Gonna buy my Bambarra at the liqor store and duty free at the airport . boycot of Fotacc ! So nasty

Edited: 22 March 2014, 20:52
Providenciales
Level Contributor
57 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Fottac

same owner wine cellar. fottac and the duty free at the airport

Edited: 22 March 2014, 21:33
Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,541 posts
412 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fottac

That doesn't sound good gigi. We'll stop in next month just to see what the mood is like.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fottac

It's not like the old days wouod rather buy from the airport!

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fottac

really one person owns them all? Who ? I would like to write him and tell him of the horrible service at FOTACC..

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,035 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fottac

Galmo Williams, aka Gilley.

http://gilleys.tc/

Ge get 'em Gigi. : )

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,760 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fottac

yes Gigi, 1 person owns all-- and all places go through him on island.

maryland
Level Contributor
5,028 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fottac

We have had issue in the past.

Colorado
Level Contributor
1,541 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Fottac

We were there a couple of weeks ago and had rum samples for us to try and were very pleasant and friendly! I asked if they still did the refills on rum punch if you bought the cup and they said yes. They even stayed open later than the posted closing time letting in more customers.